Just trowing this out there

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullets wrote:Watmough would make us a better team, i thought that was pretty straight forward? we have a quality team at the moment we would be adding one of the better backrowers running around, how would we not be better?
At what cost? You do realise that we operate under a salary cap?

We sign him and can kiss goodbye to a number of other players. I prefer the Storms approach, a core of great team players in the essential positions 1, 6, 7 & 9, add some solid players and/or game breakers with the rest made up of cheaper up and comers or offcasts from other teams that Bellamy believes can be improved.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

If Watmough can back it up for the next few years then i would consider him a really good player. Untill then he is just an average player who had one good year.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Crooner
Squall
Squall

I seem to remember a few people bagging Finch also!!!!!

I would love to see him in the second row with Sika.. thats one hell if a back row.
Hoffy in at Lock as he is good with his lines and has the ball skills of a centre, would be good to have an attacking forward pack.

Personally I think that would almost me the most attacking pack in the game.
Blair, White, Simth, Sika, Watmough and Hoffy.....Mmmmmm The Damage
Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah i remember plenty here not wanting Finch cause he was just a average player that was no required until he put on that Storm jersey, now look at him go, amazing what that jersey has done to him  ;-) ah well you are going to get that here.

As for that forward pack, we would not lose a game all season.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: If Watmough can back it up for the next few years then i would consider him a really good player. Untill then he is just an average player who had one good year.

He's 27 as well next year, so he's no spring-chicken.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullets wrote: Yeah i remember plenty here not wanting Finch cause he was just a average player that was no required until he put on that Storm jersey, now look at him go, amazing what that jersey has done to him   ;-) ah well you are going to get that here.

I whinged about Finch. Difference is...Finch didnt cost us half the amount Watmough would be asking for.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullets wrote:
Trade Dallas' defence for Watmough's turnstile and we will lose close games we would previously have won.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i dont think we will have him in storm colors any time soon but even if we do loose DJ we still have blair and lowrie who can cover the lock position.....  lets leave him at manly with all the SOOKS!!!!!! :lol:
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)