Cooper Cronk, Ryan Hoffman and Brett White

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Hailstorm wrote:
bootsie16 wrote: Congrats to all.  Great for the players but this number of representative players puts enormous pressure on the salary cap.  Will be interesting to see whether the Storm management have allowed enough extra dollars in the planning for this amount of players.  I really believe there should be an additional allowance for representative payments but until there is it is a double edged sword. 
I'm pretty sure their payments for rep games don't come under individual clubs salary cap however if it
is in their contract to obtain bonus payments for rep selection then it would but I think you would expect
Storm would know which players were likely to gain selection and would've allowed for than in those
players contracts.

How it can also affect the salary cap is more so in the future when players re-negotiate their contracts.
If they've become a rep player since their last contract then its likely they would try to negotiate a better
deal because they've become a rep player.

Well thats my understanding of things anyway.

You are probably right with this.  I heard Brian Waldron on the radio talking that items like this need to be allowed for in their cap and assumed it meant the payment.  Makes more sense that it is the bonus payments triggered by rep inclusion.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote: Says in the RLW today that we may look to find DJ another home.
Really Lousy Writing?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pity that Brett White is meant to be getting married the day after the roos squad flies off to the tour.  Eep.  Scheduling fail.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i think the team should be picked on yearly performance.

1. slater
2. b morris
3. hodges
4. inglis
5. hayne
6. lockyer/ thurston
7. cronk/ prince
8. white
9. smith
10. civonoceva
11. hoffman
12. hindmarsh/ craegh
13. johnson

14. ennis/ farrah
15. hannant
16. taylor
17. leaoryd-lahrs

18. waterhouse
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Off topic: storma01, you can now update your signature... ;)