Who's going to Sydney and how ???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
deliverywoman1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just wondering who is going to go to Sydney and how they are getting there.

I have tickets.... but don't know how I am getting there, flew for the first, drove for the 2nd and 3rd..... Anyone out there happy to share driving time and petrol costs ???? Let me know......

Cheers
Deliverywoman
GO STORM
GO THUNDERBOLTS
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm have organised supporter buses and/or accommodation. Melbourne Storm Express
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just booked my Virgin flight!!

Virgin - ah that brings back memories!! :D
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ur an idiot GTS but u do make me laugh though.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Countrylink is a possibility.  There are two daily trains in both directions.  The overnight service back to Melbourne leaves Strathfield at 8:51pm.  The Grand Final is 5pm so it'll be finished around 7pm, and even with the 10 minute hike from the stadium to its station, you'll still have 90 minutes to make a 10 minute trip to Strathfield.

There's some sleeper compartments, but they are pricey (though you do get showers, towels, breakky included with a sleeper).  Good if you have to work on Monday, as it gets into Spencer Street around 7:30am.  You can buy food, drinks, alcohol etc all night (except for half an hour before the train arrives into Albury).  First class cars and the leading few economy cars tend to be quiet, and the booking agents usually try and put those who want to party into the last few cars intentionally (rowdy looking students, bogans etc).
Last edited by mrpc on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm flying up on Sunday at noon and back on Monday at 1pm. Staying at the Travelodge on Wentworth Ave. Have a ticket.
2012 premiers. Legit.
deliverywoman1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey,

Thanks Taliesin for the Storm Express info, had actually forgotten about that...... I will be booking a seat on the bus.... but the only problem I have is that the accommodation they have in the 'package' is for twin share..... I am on my own, so if there is anyone that is also going to be on their own that would like to share a room.... they have an offer for a dormitory to suit  3, 4 or 5 people per room at $180 which includes the bus up and back or a twin share room at $190 including the bus

The bus on it's own is $145.  So the accommodation actually only works out at either $35 for the dormitory or $45 for the twin share for the  night WHAT A BARGAIN.

So am now looking for someone to share the accommodation with me.  Maybe there is a couple or a group of 3 or 4 people out there going on the bus whereby maybe I could squeeze in as an extra body to add to your group.  Begging and pleading that there is someone out there to share with me.... I am house trained too by the way :P

If there is someone out there that would like to share in either the twin share or dormitory situation, please send me an email at deliverywoman1@hotmail.com

For the bus and accommodation, no bookings are being taken until the Monday, so it would be great to know prior to then if anyone would like to share.

Cheers

Rita
Deliverywoman
GO STORM
GO THUNDERBOLTS.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

After that disgraceful episode of Four Corners last monday, I'm considering throwing a mattress into the back of my Festiva.  There are folks who do that every night of the year, so I can manage doing it once if I can't make it back to Queanbeyan before I'm too tired to drive.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fly up Thursday, back Monday night... getting tickets tomorrow. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Howdy all. Just finished booking my airfares up and back. My boss at work is unable to give me the Monday after the GF off so I'm flying up Sunday morning and flying back out of Sydney at just after 10. Gonna be a long day i reckon! Going to line up for tickets tomorrow, but going on previous years experience at getting tickets, I shouldn't have to many issues getting a ticket. Fourth year in a row of going up to the big dance, so hopefully the boys can make up for last year and bring the trophy back down to Victoria!

GO STORM
deliverywoman1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

WOOT WOOT.....

Have now booked my ride...... Storm Express is the one..... didn't need to book with a group, they are just grouping people together.

See you all in Sydney... I will be the one in PURPLE :P

Cheers
GO STORM
GO THUNDERBOLTS
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Flying up Sunday morning, flying home Monday arvo, its a smash & grab (the NRL torphy) visit I'm afraid. No sightseeing this year.

Accomodation is booked. Game ticket is arranged.

4th Grand Final in a row here I come, woo hoo!!
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Driving up from gippsland friday afternoon and having a night in wangaratta or albury, then up early the nest day to arrive in sydney by the afternoon hopefully. driving back early monday. Staying in hotel in bankstown so a short trip to homebush on the sunday.
Drove up last year via orbost and then upto sydney passed canberra and enjoyed the adventure.
Anybody else driving up, maybe we could get ourselves a convoy!!!!! 10-4 rubber ducky!!! :D
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

deliverywoman1 wrote: WOOT WOOT.....

Have now booked my ride...... Storm Express is the one..... didn't need to book with a group, they are just grouping people together.

See you all in Sydney... I will be the one in PURPLE :P

Cheers
GO STORM
GO THUNDERBOLTS
Glad I could help  ;-) The accommodation looks OK Glebe Point YHA
Stayed in a small hotel in Glebe for the 2006 GF - A bit like a really clean,friendly version of Fitzroy - Only problem we had was late night  public transport from Central out to Glebe,(only went as far as Star City after about 10pm)

Yell extra loud for me OK  :lol:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Flying up Sunday morning (early  :icon_frown:) then back Monday arvo.
Staying a very short walk from the ground - mega good if we party too hard  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!