Grand Final - Storm vs. Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, I've jumped the gun.... I know

But I have no doubt.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hayne and Keating at the Judiciary this week ... I somehow think they will both get off (they aren't in purple). I doubt Cayless will be anything but a spectator.
Last edited by singlemalt on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

IMHO they will get suspended and the NRL will commit to changing the system next year to ensure that suspensions don't apply to Grand Finals after this year.

They can't take out the QLD/Australian captain one year and then let two worse offenses go unpunished the following year.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

singlemalt wrote: Yeah, I've jumped the gun.... I know

But I have no doubt.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hayne and Keating at the Judiciary this week ... I somehow think they will both get off (they aren't in purple). I doubt Cayless will be anything but a spectator.
lol

Wish I had all your confidence, but golly I hope you are right about us making the grandfinal.
I'm not going to sleep too well tonight ;D
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Waiting for the game to come on fox.

What happened in tonights game re the reepots, anyone, pls.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

YES ! You did "jump the gun" but tis to late to track the bullet back into the barrel  ;-)
But helpless pieces in the game He plays
Upon this chequer-board of Nights and Days
He hither and thither moves, and checks ... and slays
Then one by one, back in the Closet lays

"The Moving Finger writes: and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."
A forfeit payed - A bargain made - Let it be played
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CooperCronk wrote: Waiting for the game to come on fox.

What happened in tonights game re the reepots, anyone, pls.
Hayne on report for knees to the head of Goodwin in goal - resulted in calling a 8-point try (Hazim missed the first shot)

Keating for a very messy tackle on Hannant??  where his arm was almost dislocated (or perhaps was) ... I think he'll be able to argue this as the extra men in the tackle probably unduly increased the amount of pressure that was applied by torquing the tackle.

Hayne could miss the GF, the judiciary has been hard on offenses in goal ... he seemed to argue with the ref after the call that he pulled his feet back so that he didn't lead with them ... didn't make much difference as his knees were still damaging.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Sorry Singlemalt, had to modify this topic - I'm so superstitious and you really worry me with that topic title.

Did anyone see the Footy Show last nite??  Vossy showed a pic taken of the final eight teams with Gallop & the trophy.  He noted that the team captains on the left of Gallop (looking at the pic) have all gone out in order - 8,7,6 & 5.
The team captains on Gallops right are: Bulldogs, Storm, Broncos & Eels.
Vossy suggested that if all goes the way of the pic the GF will be Broncos v Eels with Eels as Premiers........
I'm friggin scared right now I tell you!

Also, my hubby has noticed that the Nine ads for the GF are only showing Eels & Broncos in the clips........

Dare I say if that is the way it all ends up - CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tigger wrote: Sorry Singlemalt, had to modify this topic - I'm so superstitious and you really worry me with that topic title.

Did anyone see the Footy Show last nite??  Vossy showed a pic taken of the final eight teams with Gallop & the trophy.  He noted that the team captains on the left of Gallop (looking at the pic) have all gone out in order - 8,7,6 & 5.
Vossy suggested that if all goes the way of the pic the GF will be Broncos v Eels with Eels as Premiers........
I'm friggin scared right now I tell you!

Also, my hubby has noticed that the Nine ads for the GF are only showing Eels & Broncos in the clips........

Dare I say if that is the way it all ends up - CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!  :?

Take a deep breath and realise it's all a pile of crap ... superstitions belong with astrology and relegion - in the realm of imagination.

I'll say it again  Storm vs Eels... Storm vs Eels  WOOHOO!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

That may be true SM but I'm a bloody annoying superstitious biatch!   :P

I've taken so many bloody deep breaths this week I'm very close to collapse lol

Again, sorry I spoilt your topic title but IF your prediciton comes to fruition I'll be happy to apologise - If on the other hand you've jinxed us I'll find you and kill you  ;-)
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote: That may be true SM but I'm a bloody annoying superstitious biatch!   :P

I've taken so many bloody deep breaths this week I'm very close to collapse lol

Again, sorry I spoilt your topic title but IF your prediciton comes to fruition I'll be happy to apologise - If on the other hand you've jinxed us I'll find you and kill you  ;-)
I'm like you damn superstitious...so I am glad you changed the title of this this thread. :lol:

Going to have my knickers in a knot by tom. night!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote:Did anyone see the Footy Show last nite??  Vossy showed a pic taken of the final eight teams with Gallop & the trophy.  He noted that the team captains on the left of Gallop (looking at the pic) have all gone out in order - 8,7,6 & 5.
Vossy is full of shit, he stated that the players were lined up randomly which is totally untrue.

The captains lined up as they always do for these photos which is based upon where they finished on the ladder:

7th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, CEO, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Surandy wrote:
Tigger wrote:Did anyone see the Footy Show last nite??  Vossy showed a pic taken of the final eight teams with Gallop & the trophy.  He noted that the team captains on the left of Gallop (looking at the pic) have all gone out in order - 8,7,6 & 5.
Vossy is full of shit, he stated that the players were lined up randomly which is totally untrue.

The captains lined up as they always do for these photos which is based upon where they finished on the ladder:

7th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, CEO, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th
It still did my head in though  :P :lol:
I hate being so unbalanced about this  :?
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If Finch had stayed with Parramatta he would be in a Grand Final now and his dream of a Premiership would still be alive!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Haybe should be suspended, keatings was a total accident though
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: If Finch had stayed with Parramatta he would be in a Grand Final now and his dream of a Premiership would still be alive!!
I doubt that

If finch had stayed he would have been;
(a) pushed aside for Mortimer as he and the coach were not on good terms
(b) not playing at his best as he would have felt unwanted ant the team would never had made it

Oh, and just to prove you are a tool - his premiership hopes ARE still alive dipshit.