CH9

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bruce
Squall
Squall

Any chance of them showing Eels v Canterbury on friday night....nothing else on that night
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bruce wrote: Any chance of them showing Eels v Canterbury on friday night....nothing else on that night
I'd say less than .1% - Friday night schedule
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

12:10 am - what a lima lima lima duck wank!!!  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fair dinkum, those lima lima lima duck idiots at Channel Wank would sooner eat their own faecal matter than show NRL in Melbourne at a decent time!  :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Time for the NRL administration to grow some cojones and piss Channel Nazi off!!! :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :brave: :brave: :brave:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was in the paper last week that it was going into Melbourne LIVE. What happened?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote: It was in the paper last week that it was going into Melbourne LIVE. What happened?
The last couple of posts are about the Friday night final between the Dogs & Eels.

The TV guide confirms that the Storm vs Broncos final will be shown live against the gate.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Farking disgrace. Other countries get this live or at a decent hour and yet half of Australia don't get to see it til midnight!!!

When does the TV rights with 9 end???
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I love Cooper wrote: When does the TV rights with 9 end???
You're kidding yeah?  The NRL just signed a new agreement not too long ago giving Nine almost the same rights to run the telecasts as the previous one.  They have no BALLS and it really seems they also have no bloody faith in their product. 
They will keep this up til someone with cajones gets into power - I'm not holding my breath tho.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
VIC
Squall
Squall

The whole thing is a f&ckin joke!!!

Throughout the whole year all NRL games have been broadcast at midnight.  It's already bad enough that the Storm are playing such a grand event on AFL Grand Final Day, which could have had the potential of attracting a massive crowd + a lot of media attention. Now, those morons at Nine (and the NRL whoever may be to blame) have decided to show the game live in Melbourne!!!! F&CK!!!! How can you possibly get a decent crowd????????

The NRL has a lot to learn from the AFL.........as with the AFL games are only shown live if they've already been sold out..................
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd love nothing more than to sit back on Fri night and watch Parra vs Dogs.
But realistically, there will some sort of AFL footy marathon on 7 or 10 which would rate way better than an NRL game not featuring the local team.
I don't like it, but I can see why they won't show it.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So last years finals when Storm played away in Brisbane and then Sydney (excluding the GF) Ch Nein couldn't
show the games live (or even on a slight delay) into Melbourne and yet this year, a Prelim. Final between
Storm and Broncos which is being played in Melbourne is to be shown in Melbourne live against the gate by
Ch Nein. WTF?!?!? I don't get it? Oh hang on, yes I do. Just another way for Ch Nein to screw Rugby League
and Storm in Melbourne.
VIC
Squall
Squall

Hailstorm I agree with your comments. But is it Channel 9 that is to blame or is it the NRL?

Personally I think it's the NRL......they got screwed over when negotiating this TV contract.................and this is proof of it again!!!!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ch Nein and the NRL are to blame. The NRL screwed over the Storm and Rugby League loving Victorians when they
negotiated the last few TV rights deals and now Ch Nein are screwing over the NRL and the Storm etc. And you
wanna know the worst of it, its likely to happen again when the next round of TV rights is up for grabs so long as
the current NRL administration including the CEO (DG) remain in charge of the game.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hailstorm wrote: So last years finals when Storm played away in Brisbane and then Sydney (excluding the GF) Ch Nein couldn't
show the games live (or even on a slight delay) into Melbourne and yet this year, a Prelim. Final between
Storm and Broncos which is being played in Melbourne is to be shown in Melbourne live against the gate by
Ch Nein. WTF?!?!? I don't get it? Oh hang on, yes I do. Just another way for Ch Nein to screw Rugby League
and Storm in Melbourne.
Because Ch.9 want to be part of the next afl tv rights deal, thats why.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We know Nine are a pack of wankers - what the NRL needs to do is demand on the TV rights contract that RL is shown at decent times.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

tugga wrote: I'd love nothing more than to sit back on Fri night and watch Parra vs Dogs.
But realistically, there will some sort of AFL footy marathon on 7 or 10 which would rate way better than an NRL game not featuring the local team.
I don't like it, but I can see why they won't show it.
Channel 7:
7:30pm Better Homes And Gardens
8:30pm The Andromeda Strain
11:40pm Orange County

Channel 10

7:30pm Before The Game
10pm Little Britain USA
10:30pm Go Girls
11:30pm Ten Late News

Fox Sports 2 for me, 10:30pm 1st Preliminary Final