wheres best to stay in sydney for G/F with other storm supporters[whn we makeit]

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
changalanga
Squall
Squall

Last year stayed out at homebush but was not that impressed,anyone got any suggestions as the best place to stay and play in Sydney on G/F,weekend. Although,the pounding we got did not help us to have a good time afterwards.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

The last couple of years we have stayed in hotels within short walking distance of Central Station and that has worked well for us - you get the train out to the stadium, it's super easy! It is almost impossible to get a taxi anywhere on the night, so close to public transport is the best bet.

Last year we stayed at the Marque Hotel (opp Central Station) - NEVER AGAIN, it was appalling, the lifts were not working, most of the advertised facilities were not available (pool, spa etc), the staff were rude and the rooms never got cleaned. I DO NOT recommend it one bit! I even made a written complaint and received absolutely no acknowledgement that they had read or received it - just unacceptable. It just topped off a crap weekend all round.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

last year we stayed at the hyat on the park (i think thats the name) just because it was cheaper than staying at the ibis or the novatel which were opposite the stadium.
the rooms are top notch, great location, the concierge will get you a taxi to go to the game, dinner facilities are fantastic (buffet breakfast and dinner) and also the usual pool and gym.

for those of you looking to stay at the ibis or novatel, id say forget about it. its one of those hotels with doors connecting you to the room next to yours, these doors are never locked and if u arent diligent enough to check to see if there locked, then u might get ur stuff stolen. we called reception to fix it and they said they couldn't(they couldn't lock a door, how pathetic) so they offered us another room. we went to the other room to find a half drunken beer on the bench and the mini-fridge had already been emptied .

the prices for GF weekend at the ibis and novatel are also pretentious and your paying through the nose to stay at a place in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

my house  :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: my house  :D
I'm definitely going now ;-) ;D
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

oooooo yeah.  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've stayed in Parra for a couple of them where we drove up, and Sydney when I flew last year. 
Parra had quite a few Storm people around, but if we are playing Parra, not sure I'd want to stay there!  :lol:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
joshie
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i went and stayed at the Mercure hotel right out side the train station and a bus/taxi port. the food was just across the road and it was fantastic!
'
i reccomend it, but yeah the weekend wass crap as
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

For central the best hotel is the great southern hotel, stayed on business many times and very happy. Stay away from the bargain basement ones as most are backpacker hell holes, but ou should be able to pick one up on lastminute.com or wotif.com for 80-100 bucks and should be ok
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "