I couldn't take another Grand Final Loss!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had no issues last year - I expected it, but didn't see anything.  Clearly that varies from where you were at the ground by the sounds of other people's experiences. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Last years grand final was the worst experience of my life...
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be there again for sure and we've got flights and accom are already booked. We decided a month ago we'll go up regardless of if we made the GF just to have the weekend away, we're just sort of used to doing it now after the last few years. We haven't got tickets for the game yet which we'll obviously get if we make it but will probably still go if we don't.

I find it hard to pick which was worse out of 2006 and 2008. If i had to pick i think it would be 2006 because i had more expectation of winning that year and the fact that we were blatantly shafted with those referees decisions. If the decisions went the right way we woudl've won the game i think, instead we were left with plenty of what ifs and what might've beens. As for last year, for me personally losing 40-0 didn't make it hurt any more than if we lost by a few points. A GF loss is a GF loss and no matter by how many points it's friggin hard to take.

Back to this year, the way i see it is it would still hurt every bit as much to lose again if i stayed home and watched it as what it would if i was there at the ground watching it. IMO it doesn't matter where you are, even on the other side of the world, the result is the same and the feeling is the same. God forbid if we did make it again and lost but if we did, i wouldn't for a second regret being at the ground. What i would regret more than anything though is if we won and i chose not to take the chance to go after having the opportunity to be there again.

I can understand people having reservations about going again only to lose, but you never know when our next GF appearance and/or GF win will be  so i'll never ever knock back when it presents itself.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well said Ice!  Agree 100%

tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didn't go in 06, but went in 07 and 08.
I ama Richmond supporter in the AFL and I would give my left knacker just to see them in a GF, win or lose.
To me, it's about going up and supporting the team and the club and experiencing the event as a spectacle. Yes last year was crap, but before kickoff, there would have been 14 other clubs dying to be in our position.
I won't be letting the fear of failure stop me from going this year if we make it.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: can't get tickets until the Monday of GF week anyway if you don't have them already though
Or perhaps not .... just watch ebay get flooded with them should the Broncos win this weekend.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The fear of losing another grand final gets to me aswell

Winning 1/4 in 4 straight grand finals is not a good record to have against you forever, we might be known as the greatest team never to be. 
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

06 was heartbreaking, especially in the circumstances and because it was by the bloody Broncos!! But think of the Tigers, can't even make the finals. I'd certainly want to be in 3 or 4 grand finals, win or lose, then miss the semis every year!! (except 05 of course)
Last edited by I love Cooper on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
changalanga
Squall
Squall

Well said ICE,i missed 07, went last year,and even though we got smashed,I would still rather be there if i can that be anywhere else,my consolation was i went to Suncorp and SFS for the 2 games b4 hand and i was on an absolute high which was indescribable,especially the Suncorp game,so if you are a storm supporter,I say, Go if you can and dont worry about whats going to happen, because we cant change  the result, just be there to support the boys as load and proud as you can,because g/fs dont come round too often so enjoy.
thunder
Squall
Squall

I've been to all 4 GF's and will continue to do so should we make it!

If I recall correctly didn't the Buffalo Bills lose 5 Super Bowls in a row! Imagine how badly those fans felt? At least we have a couple of Premierships!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was there last year and I'm scarred! Especially sitting in the middle of Manly supporters :(
I said at the time I wasn't going again, but if they make it I'm going!
Stadiums only 25 mins away :)
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Unfortunately i will be leaving for a holiday in the UK the next day so cant make it :( same case in 2006 - but made in 2007 and 2008 and once you have seen your team win losing the next year isnt so bad (though sitting with 6000 manly fans wasnt that fun...)

Hopefully will be U20 and 1st grade all the way - i wonder if i can scrounge a business class upgrade pleading bad hangover?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote: I agree with Noa - lets wait until after the Prelim first!
We have a PreLim final  to worry about  first:)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What about Central Coast - did they win on the weekend?  How good would it be if all 3 made it!

glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

No they lost.  The got thrased by the Magpies.  They play away this week end aganist Balmain