Storm v Chickens

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Steve Turner 3. Will Chambers 4. Dane Nielsen/Greg Inglis 5. Joseph Tomane 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Scott Anderson 9. Cam Smith 10. Brett White 11. Aiden Tolman 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Adam Blair 16. Ryan Tandy 17. Wairangi Koopu

Sydney Roosters: 1. Sam Perrett 2. Iwi Hauraki 3. Mitchell Aubusson 4. Setaimata Sa 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Anthony
Minichiello 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Frank-Paul Nuuausala 9. Jake Friend 10. Shane Shackleton 11. Iosia Soliola 12. Willie Mason 13. Craig Fitzgibbon
Interchange: 14. Stanley Waqa 15. Nate Myles 16. Riley Brown 17. Ben Jones; Reserves: 18. Nick Kouparitsas

Last game at the graveyard, appropriatly we are coming up agaisnt a team who's corpse has been rotting for a few months now and a man whos coaching career is ready to be buried.

keys to the game :

- Pressure Pearce on his kicks, can try to bite off too much sometimes.
- keep ball away from Sam Perrett
- Forwards must play with intensity and dominate their opp.
- Roosters really struggle with an expansive game, we cant be too conservative.

Interesting to note Kevin Proctor will be a late inclusion in the U-20. Cmon Kev we need you to stand up.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like we will have one player to ommit because greg will play this weekend....    ;D            sorry dane. :'(
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

storma01 wrote: Looks like we will have one player to ommit because greg will play this weekend....    ;D            sorry dane. :'(
Unfortunately I think you are correct. If only it was Chambers instead.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah Dane has done the job but i think he new his job for this year atleast was just a fill in role.

I think we will put a score on the Roosters, if we don't then i'd be saying our season is as good as finished.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I didn't realise how big the Roosters forward pack is. We must get on top of them early, no more shirty starts!!!!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Indecision is the graveyard of good intentions”
It must end this Saturday
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

There's no way we'll lose this week.
Next week is another story ;D
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's official now. We've farewelled Olympic Park. I'm gonna miss it!!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fantastic atmosphere tonight!!!  The crowd was quite vocal. The Under 20's did well to hold on for a win in, at times, atrocious conditions.

The seniors did well, some awesome plays at times, eg Slater's try, still not sure how he got through the line so easily. The farewell stuff after the game was sad but good to watch, and how awesome was the "Roo  ah!!" when Rua was announced!!! Apparently the farewell stuff went on for longer than the second half.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sloppy finish but only through trying really hard to keep scoring. Inglis looked like he wanted to be involved in everything!
Hoffman has really picked up, he is playing really well I was a critic of his at start of year but lately has really found his confidence.
I thought Nielsen was really solid and Chambers! He passed the ball! And what happened? We score lol
I loved it, all our forwards stood up and the backs had a field day.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Sloppy finish but only through trying really hard to keep scoring. Inglis looked like he wanted to be involved in everything!
Wonder if he's been watching Hayne over the last few weeks and felt a bit jealous, coz he certainly wanted to make an impression. Was interesting to watch him when he went to FB, he would be so good there.

Adam Blair impressed me with his work on the fringes, maybe he's a 2nd-rower/prop rather then the other way around.
Most of the forwards ran with purpose, they were good.
Dane Neilson was brilliant if you ask me, really put his hand up for a spot next year (so did Matt Duffie, scored a great individual try last night)
Only slight negative for me was Cam Smith @ d/h last night. Sometimes I think he plays for himself rather then just fire the ball out to the backs as quick as possible.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

If we can keep that confidence going throughout the finals we will be a real chance this year.

Bula the reason it was a sloppy finish was because Cronk and Slater came off at the back end of the game.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

dane neilson reminds me of when greg was first starting his career.

quick off his feet, can find a gap and a bit small on size, it would be nice if he developed into a mini inglis lol
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good win, gets us back in some form.

I knew Inglis was going to fire for this game.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
changalanga
Squall
Squall

What a game last night,great crowd,great atmosphere,and how good was Dane Nielsen,came of age in that game last night,also the under 20s,very impressive all year and hopefully get to the g.f and win it,lets hope both teams continue this form into next weeks game and into the finals,and finally, i was a bit hard on the boys last week after the manly loss and i apologise to all, as i fully know that they all go out every week to win and play their best for the club and don't need the type of criticism that i dished out last week,i was a little bit emotional and wasn't thinking rationally[i,d had afew],so sorry boys it wont happen again.