New AM radio station

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Does anyone think the "new" sports radio station (replacing the old 3AK) will be any good?

Will they cover "all" sports or just AFL, cricket and umm, AFL?

I think it's called the "Sports Entertainment Network"
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Have they started broadcasting yet? I want to give them a call and ask if they're going to bite the bullet and broadcast Storm games! Surely they wouldn't compete in the AFL radio market - that would leave them available for Rugby League - maybe even syndicate broadcasts of other games from Sydney stations?
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think it is a good step having two sports station!!!!. Storm might get a go on this one!!!. Be like having athur higgins on 3ak like it used to be but more SPORT!!!!.

Sport, Sport and more Sport!!!!.

I've got to lie down!!!!. lol
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Apparently they take over broadcasting from 6am next Monday.

I will be calling them on League related issues, hopefully they will take note. They claim to be about "all sports".

There was an article in the tv guide part of yesterday's Herald Sun.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but I wouldn't expect much League at all with broadcasters such as Dermott Brereton, Billy Brownless, Garry Lyon, Anthony Hudson, Kevin Bartlett occupying most of the air time. For those of you who don't recognise those names, they all have one thing in common: AFL.

You could just about call it Radio AFL!
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Lucas wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but I wouldn't expect much League at all with broadcasters such as Dermott Brereton, Billy Brownless, Garry Lyon, Anthony Hudson, Kevin Bartlett occupying most of the air time. For those of you who don't recognise those names, they all have one thing in common: AFL.

garry lyon is a (what i heard) a storm supporter!!!.

Billy Brownless is a prop!!!! Proping up i mean!!!!. he is huge!!!!.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

AAS wrote:garry lyon is a (what i heard) a storm supporter!!!.
Everyone in Melbourne is a Storm supporter AAS!!
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There was an article in the Herald Sun today saying this new station was very keen on getting a slice of the AFL pie.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Lucas wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but I wouldn't expect much League at all with broadcasters such as Dermott Brereton, Billy Brownless, Garry Lyon, Anthony Hudson, Kevin Bartlett occupying most of the air time. For those of you who don't recognise those names, they all have one thing in common: AFL.

Thats right.... Lyon (The National AFL coach) is also part owner....

were on our own again,.

GO Storm !!!!! Image
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

On Nova100 throughout last year Gary Lyon did on the odd occassion have some good things to say about Storm, one time I remember him telling listeners to get down and support the Storm boys.

I tend to agree with most comments tho and especially with that sort of line up, the station will definately focus on AFL first.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:On Nova100 throughout last year Gary Lyon did on the odd occassion have some good things to say about Storm, one time I remember him telling listeners to get down and support the Storm boys.

I tend to agree with most comments tho and especially with that sort of line up, the station will definately focus on AFL first.
Well, we'll just have to make sure we all ring and email them, let them know that STORM is here!!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

absolutly ill be emailing them ..i dont live in melbourne but if it will make melbourne storm a bigger and better suppotted club then ill be emailing them every day......

p.s:molly meldrum loves the storm{or maybe the players?} :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, good to hear that Rugby League and Melbourne Storm in particular should get a plug today.

Jana Pittman will feature on a segment this afternoon or evening. I didn't catch when exactly she'll be on, it was either between 4pm and 7pm or it was the segment after 7pm. Given her views on the Storm I'd like to see anyone on the station try and stop her talking up the Storm!

Strangely I am happy that Anthony Mundine is meant to be being interviewed this morning, means that RL might get a mention.

Sadly for cricket season there is a very strong focus on AFL and not a lot else. But then I guess considering the backgrounds of the personalities that are hosting segments they wouldn't know many people outside of AFL.

Time for the Storm and supporters to do a bit more promoting the team and the game to these infidels.

Surandy
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Apparently the station is unable to get the rights to broadcast any AFL games until at least 2006, this could be a perfect opportunity to get Storm games broadcast live on radio in Melbourne.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Apparently the station is unable to get the rights to broadcast any AFL games until at least 2006, this could be a perfect opportunity to get Storm games broadcast live on radio in Melbourne.

If anyone finds an email address or phone number for this station can you please post it on here so I can start my campaign.

Surandy