not good enough this year

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
changalanga
Squall
Squall

After watching the game today,lets not kid our selves,this team is no where near the teams of the last 3 years,not only have the players left but the guts and determination has gone as well,i will continue to barrack and follow the boys for the rest of the year,and i am sure we will  beat the roosters next week, but you can bet we will most likely get beat by the warriors the week after, because the heart of this club is gone,this group of players have lost heart and when it counts  cant summon that winning spirit we used to have,so i console myself to watching them play the year out,hopefully not totally disgracing themselves and regrouping hopefully  for a great year next year,i am so totally broken after today,hopefully some of the players read this and understand what this loss today means to its supporters
changalanga
Squall
Squall

I am sick of watching these shithouse starts /first halves to games,tonight was another game where we went  in at  half time, Behind again! and Bellamy has to fix this up if we are to go anywhere deep into the finals,great that we scored first but then we let them score nearly straight after,wheres try! try!try! and put it beyond doubt,those days are gone obviously,I KNOW WE NEED DEFENCE AND DEFENCE WINS GAMES,but we also need to score and put on enough that the opposition cant come back without a decent effort on their part not a pissweak effort on our part.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

What made me laugh tonight, on Foxsport news, in the aftermatch press conference, Cam Smith said - yeah we have to have a good look at today's game and see how we can fix things :o

Like 2 weeks before the finals ???
changalanga
Squall
Squall

I walked out of Olympic park tonight thinking,how did we loose tonight,obviously the players  aren't on the same passion wavelength as us supporters,i know we only have to turn up every week and support the side which is not anywhere near like playing the actual game ,but,the players need to realise what a loss like tonight does to their supporters, as well as them,if they think their sufferring then we are as well, maybe not physically, but mentally, a loss like that to a side that thrashed us in the grand final last year, that I and heaps of us sat Thru  is nearly unbearable,so come on boys get serious and start playing for the jersey and us supporters and never put us Thru shit like that again.
changalanga
Squall
Squall

Mate that's what they say every week,we have to look at what we have to do to address things,like the away losses ,but they keep loosing away and now at home,Cam should just admit their shithouse and hopefully they can play a few good games for their supporters b4 they get put out of the finals.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

If its any consulation to you, the players looked really sad in the social club tonight ;D
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

changalanga wrote: I walked out of Olympic park tonight thinking,how did we loose tonight,obviously the players  aren't on the same passion wavelength as us supporters,i know we only have to turn up every week and support the side which is not anywhere near like playing the actual game ,but,the players need to realise what a loss like tonight does to their supporters, as well as them,if they think their sufferring then we are as well, maybe not physically, but mentally, a loss like that to a side that thrashed us in the grand final last year, that I and heaps of us sat Thru  is nearly unbearable,so come on boys get serious and start playing for the jersey and us supporters and never put us Thru shit like that again.
mmm, I wonder if all this is headed by a loss and poor performance of another team in another sport.

Let's look at a few things,
1) Manly have only beaten us twice in 6 matchs
2) we lost a few bedrock players last year and asked young guys to step up
3) the players put in their all, every week
4) we are currently 4th on the table
5) if you think the players aren't serious for the jersey why are some shattered they can't stay (b) some take pay cuts to stay and to help the club keep other players

I can understand being disappointed by the loss but lets get real, we are in the top 4 and we should be celebrating that fact.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mate, blind freddy could see we arent the same team we were in the past

happens to all clubs, we just have to use the hand we are dealt so to say
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Woah...i know we sucking at the moment but bloody hell changa. 1000 threads on how much we sucks is a bit much.

and SW...i think that most players do put 110% into the jersey but there are times during the game when certain players get lazy and dont do the small things to help the team out.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote: What made me laugh tonight, on Foxsport news, in the aftermatch press conference, Cam Smith said - yeah we have to have a good look at today's game and see how we can fix things :o

Like 2 weeks before the finals ???
They say that every week. Its the time of year we teams arent focusing on what they can fix...but rather fine tuning...we on the other hand are still doing the simple things wrong...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

changa, when some supporters are bagging the storm, such as u are, why should they put in the effort so those supporters dont sit through a loss?

makes no sense why they should put in more just so a supporter who called them a disgrace doesnt have to feel dejected for an hour or 2 while ther team loses

show some faith and get behind the boys. its the least we, as supporters, can do
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

changalanga wrote: Mate that's what they say every week,we have to look at what we have to do to address things,like the away losses ,but they keep loosing away and now at home,Cam should just admit their shithouse and hopefully they can play a few good games for their supporters b4 they get put out of the finals.
lol .... I'd actually love a skipper of a team say that...it would make a nice change instead of the usual spin.

PS>> I'm a female ;D
changalanga
Squall
Squall

Sorry coop,i didn't realise you were a female,you type like a male ,lol
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

changalanga wrote: Sorry coop,i didn't realise you were a female,you type like a male ,lol
Cool.......def. a female ... with long nails  :P
But I'll take it as a compliment :D
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote:...bloody hell changa. 1000 threads on how much we sucks is a bit much.
Completely agree. I have to be honest (nothing personal btw) - the sheer number of those threads is overdoing the "we're not showing any heart" motif just a tad... don't you think?  :-k
nacho wrote: changa, when some supporters are bagging the storm, such as u are, why should they put in the effort so those supporters dont sit through a loss?

makes no sense why they should put in more just so a supporter who called them a disgrace doesnt have to feel dejected for an hour or 2 while ther team loses

show some faith and get behind the boys. its the least we, as supporters, can do
Very true. It's all too easy to "kick them while their down", however it's imperative that we resist that temptation, and continue to unite behind our team. Yes I agree the Storm could be playing better (and in truth, we could be playing a lot worse), but it's during times like this that the boys really need us more than ever. So let's keep the faith. Let's show them we still believe in them.

Sure, as supporters we have the right to offer criticism of whatever aspect of Storm's game we feel compelled to, but let's keep it constructive... :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH