Round 24 v Manly Lineups *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Would have been easier to just score a try  :lol:

Easier said then done this year though.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:
Bullets wrote:
nacho wrote: when we were within 2 points wouldnt it have been smarter to go for the field goal, get the ball back from a kickoff then have another go at going for the win, if not... a draw
huh?
ok i might try to explain a little better lol

when we were like 15-20m out from scoring, on the last tackle. i think it woulda been better going for a field goal.

because with the field goal we woulda been 1 point down, then have the benifit of getting the ball back when manly kick off to us and have another set to get a try, penalty or go for the draw with another field goal

get me?
lol yeah i get you now but its a play that noone will ever do.

If your 15-20 out you gotta be looking for a try or a repeat set, great field position is not all that easy to find in tight games against very good teams...you don't want to attempt a field goal that won't even draw you level at worse then have to get the ball back 10 metres from your own line again having to try and find away to get up the other end in little time.

With the amount of ball and chances we had in that last 10 minutes we really should have found our way over that line atleast once. 

[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
MtVaeaG
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Gotta say even though we lost yesterday the boys put in a real good effort, i don't think anyone played bad at all? Slater beats the fullback we would've won. No sika manu, greg inglis, kevin proctor or anthony quinn gotta say we doing ok..Dallas johnson is a machine brett white, dane nielsen and joseph tomane all stood out for me.

Finally good to see some big hits again it's been missing for too long!!! tomanes hit on jamie pig lyon and blairs on kite :D
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought finch was showing some real fight out there, my man of the match for sure
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: i thought finch was showing some real fight out there, my man of the match for sure
Wasnt fight but anger you saw.

He's thinking "I gave up 200k to play with you m8therf88kers".
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote:
nacho wrote: i thought finch was showing some real fight out there, my man of the match for sure
Wasnt fight but anger you saw.

He's thinking "I gave up 200k to play with you m8therf88kers".
well whatever it was, i liked it lol

hope the other boys follow his example
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

My namesake has really gone off the boil, bring back Matty Johns please :P
changalanga
Squall
Squall

I agree with your friend,if you or i did the same thing we would not be stood down from our job,in fact our employers probably would never even hear about it,unless we went to jail or asked for a reference to take to court,i don't agree to any sort of violence towards either women or men but  why should the team suffer for something he might be innocent of and has been blown out of all proportion by the media because he is a superstar.