I think we can win the Premiership!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No I haven't been drinking! I think we can win it based on last night's performance.

We looked very promising and if we click come finals time I think we can match any team.

Sika's injury has shattered me though. He has been a great forward for us this year. He may have been the difference.

I just get the feeling we are running into some form, at the right time of the year!!

Do you guys have the same positive feeling? (notwithstanding Sika's injury)
Last edited by gothestorm on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Message to GTS, someone has hacked into your access.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually agree... i left last night thinking that the better team on the night won, no issues, but we showed that we are right in this comp.  Need to keep improving, but signs were there
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Totally agree - I think we got more out of that game that St George did. OK Sika is out but we have a couple to come back and I juuust get the feeling that this new team of ours have started to gel properly. Plus we won't have any pressure or expectations on us come Finals time, whereas other teams may be scared of choking.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

we have the team to win it. But there are issues that need to be fixed and have needed to be fixed for quite sometime...but have not yet. Untill they are fixed we cannot win the comp.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We really need to replace Sika' go-forward to have any chance. Lets think back to how we were going when Sika was out early this year.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I agree. Maybe bring Bromwich into the side? Not sure if Proctor is right with his injury or if his match fitness will be upto it when he returns.

Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NOT a premiership winning defender  ](*,)
He makes a point of telling people his defence is his weakness yet NOBODY tries to fix it ?
Last edited by Taliesin on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

no because "the effort is there" :roll: :roll:  Im getting sick of hearing that at the post match press conference.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess I agree with you I was really upset with the loss because I thought we were good enough to win!
But we still have the same problems we had at the start of season. Come finals time they only need to lose once.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah surprisingly I did not blow up over the loss. Just really sad the boys didn't do enough in the second half. And the fact that Manu is out for the season!!! Wahhhhh. I almost cried. Yes I am a SOOK!! lol
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm not sure tbh.  Just think our form is too inconsistent to have a real chance.  Our away form is awful and we have tough draw home.  Sika will be a huge loss.

We have the Cowboys next week who seem to have hit form...so that's all I'll be doing is taking one week at a time ;D
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I said a couple of weeks ag that I don't think the premiers will come from the top two this season as they are both fairly inexperienced in the big finals games. Don't count out a Storm Vs Manly final again!!!!

If I'm right I will refer back to this post, If not forget you ever read the above :)
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I posed this on LU

The 10 man pack we go with for the rest of the year will decide our fate. We will be up agaisnt it now our #1 yardage man is gorrrne, so who do you think we should go with.

-Id start every game with Lima and Blair, the pack was going better then.
-Id piss Scott anderson off, he's shown enough now to see he's not up to it.
-Id play Jesse Bromwich on the bench till Proc is ready. Jesse is 20 already and 193/106kg, thats big enough to handle it.
-Start Cross as a backrower.

Blair
Smith
Lima
Hoff
Matt Cross
Dj

White
Hichcliffe
Bromwich
Tolman.

Opinions
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its not our pack letting us down - we still have only let in an average of 15 poins a game compraed to 13 last year - defense is hardly a problem, the majority of points have come against us out wide as we are compressing too much, and / or our centres / wingers not having the jump/ bulk t stop the opposing winger - if we had matt king back i am sure it would be a lot better. we have also stopped gross field kicks as we dont have the height in attack to take advantage - even before izzy we were scoring well likne this

Yes we can still win, although the dragons are doing well inglis has still used soward as a speed bump 2 games in a row. The biggest tisk i see are injuries  - a bit lie the titans last 2 years we are having too many, quinn, zappa, DJ, hoffy ....last 3 years we had fewer - or less all at once and we could deal with it.

We shuld make top 4 and from then its anyones game - if kgights finish 8th i can see them beating the dragons even away and the bulldogs can be dodgy so you never know we may get a double chance
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "