how bad were the refs and we still won.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
changalanga
Squall
Squall

Ben Cummings and Brett Suttor should look for another job as neither one now how to ref league,what an atrocious display of reffing on Saturday night,and if i am not mistaken they were just as bad the last time they reffed our game,they spent most of the night holding hands on the Field not knowing where they should be at any time thru the game,and if you were listening to them on the rabbit ears, they were ranting on like 2 old women,they wouldn't shut up and I'm not talking about just their decisions,at many stages they called the player they were talking to or about the wrong player and they told billy to catch the ball because that's what hes payed to do, and they will ref because that's what their payed to do,what a joke,at least with billy you always get your moneys worth,what ever those 2 dickheads got payed on the night was way too much.
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Wow, take a breath.  I've given up worrying about the refs.  They are what they are.  Over the course of the season it evens itself out.  If you listen to the coaches every single team is getting hard done by - just smoke and mirrors most of the time.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think the refs have been worse then ever this year. Not sure if thats been magnified by the addition of an extra ref....I liked the video ref of last year being able to make calls during the infield play. Sure it took up a little bit of extra time...but so do scrums, drop-outs, kick for goal etc. But atleast more calls were getting called correct....

I also dont believe in karma...or a magic man on a cloud that will even it out for us during the year...we lost the broncos game due to the refs missing a blatant knock-on. The refs were extremely poor last weekend they were calling non existent knock ons and were just way to harsh with the penalties. Robert Finch needs to go!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To be honest, my own personal enjoyment of the NRL this season is being tainted by terrible refereeing decisions.

There may be an extra official on the field (which I agree has cut out the nonsense around the ruck) but there doesn't seem to be consistency when it comes to application and interpretation of the rules.

Also, there are two refs on the field, and yet, they still miss blatant errors!

They seem to be so reluctant to make decisions from themselves - perhaps for the fear of getting something wrong!

Between the two touchies and the two on-field referees, you'd think they'd be able to come to some mutual agreement as to whether there was any offside, obstruction, forward passes, knock-on's and downward pressure on the grounding!

Yet, the video referees are still called and tries are denied, sometimes on the smallest of technicalities.

I would be happier if the referees on the field had a bit more confidence to just award some of the more obvious tries and make some of the more obvious decisions.