Brett white Extends till 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html

LOL i never even knew he was out of contract

BRETT White has been painted as the football thug who took rugby league back to the dark ages with his State-of-Origin knock-out.
But the punch the Melbourne Storm prop threw to KO Queensland veteran Steve Price came as such a shock to those who know White best they couldn't believe their eyes.

White's fiancee Cassie was in the stands at Suncorp Stadium last Wednesday and did a double-take when she saw the man she knows as a big softie, and father of two small kids, in the middle of the stoush.

"It took me by surprise because Brett is normally the player on the field that is breaking up these sorts of incidents," she said yesterday.

"A lot of people think this goes on off the field which it doesn't. He is just a big teddy bear."

She said the post-Origin flak directed at White was way off the mark.

"I did take it a bit to heart because people were saying these things about him that aren't really true," she said.

"It was out of character for him to do something like that but it was just the heat of the moment.

"He's a great father and a gentle giant."

White hasn't let the criticism affect him, although he knows there will be lingering consequences.

"I don't think I'll be able to take the family for a holiday in Queensland again," he said.

The Origin fall-out has not affected White's standing at Storm with the club this week agreeing to extend his contract until the end of the 2012 season.

His signature takes to 12 the number of key players signed until at least the end of the 2011 season.

White said having players such as Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater at the club long term ensured it would remain at the top of the heap for some time.

"The club has secured the core of the players that have been here through that success of the past three years and signed them for so long, I feel that dominance is going to carry on through the next few years," White said.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

White has extended his contract until the end of 2012 not 2011. 

Good signing.  We badly missed him up front earlier in the year and it showed in our performance.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good signing!  He's been very good since coming back this year
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meh!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Last year he looked to be down on form...but this year he has been going gangbusters...the hit on Price was lucky...he landed about 5 before that and it didnt hurt him...that one on the jaw would put anyone to sleep.

If he can improve on this year it will be awesome for the pack.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]