Chase Stanley and Atelea Vea have signed with Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chase and Atalea have been signed for our team next year. Can't find an official link but the forums are full of the news. Apparently mentioned on Fox Sports tonite.

Also a lot of talk that these two aren't very good and the Storm is wasting their money. We shall see  8)
Last edited by gothestorm on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vea has impresed me in the 2 games ive seen him play, but why are we signing forwards

[quote]
MajorLeague has received word that the Melbourne Storm have secured the signatures of both, Atelea Vea from the Cronulla Sharks and Chase Stanley from the St. George Illawarra Dragons.

Both of these young men are huge talents with a whole lot of potential. So much so that Melbourne coaches, Craig Bellamy and Stephen Kearney have had a firm eye on the pair for the past 12-18 months.

Vea, just 22 years old, made his debut with Cronulla 6 weeks ago and has impressed since, working extremely hard for the Sharks. Primarily playing off the bench, the young 2nd rower has only seen an average of 50 minutes of game time, yet has still managed to display a strong, workhorse attitude, with an average of 30 tackles & 8 runs per game. His contribution in Cronulla’s ‘engine room’ has been fantastic, as they have won 4 of the 7 games he has played this season.

Chase Stanley is no stranger to anyone in rugby league circles, the talented centre has been on the lips of many fans ever since he burst on to the scene as a school student at Endeavour High. Stanley was given plenty of game time in 2008, where he displayed flashes of brilliance, yet the young centre has only managed 3, 1st grade appearance in 2009. His performance against Penrith in round 12 was none-the-less brilliant and showed fans exactly what he is capable of. Stanley’s opportunites at the Dragons have been relatively limited, as the chance to settle in to the one position has not come. There is no doubt though, that under the excellent coaching staff at the Storm, he will have every chance to see his natural ability bloom into ’stardom.’

It is believed that both players sought their deals at Melbourne through now player manager, Lance Thompson. The former ‘Dragon’ & ‘Shark’ has been managing Stanley for numerous years now, and came in to contact with Vea as he coached him in Cronulla’s NSW Cup side last year.

The two players may now struggle to see time in the top grade this season after penning the new agreements with Melbourne. Since signing last night, Vea has already been dropped from the Cronulla side and will play NSW Cup this week.
Last edited by nacho on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I assume Chase will take over Chamber's position.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great news.

I heard Vea had signed when i was watching the Cowboys/Sharks game. They said something about the Sharks are not allowing him to play first grade for the rest of the season now?? didn't hear the full story why that was the case but he did look good in his 7 games.

As for Chase, i have already said what i had to say about that signing...very happy.

Good to see we are actually out there looking to sign the young talent on offer
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: Chase and Atalea have been signed for our team next year. Can't find an official link but the forums are full of the news. Apparently mentioned on Fox Sports tonite.

Also a lot of talk that these two aren't very good and the Storm is wasting their money. We shall see  8)
We have such a great history of turning 'washups' and 'nobodies' into champion players - can't wait to see what they have to offer...
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

gothestorm wrote: Also a lot of talk that these two aren't very good and the Storm is wasting their money. We shall see  8)
Where's that talk?

Stanley is a young kid with plenty of potential and Vea has played all of 7 games.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: Vea has impresed me in the 2 games ive seen him play, but why are we signing forwards
MajorLeague has received word that the Melbourne Storm have secured the signatures of both, Atelea Vea from the Cronulla Sharks and Chase Stanley from the St. George Illawarra Dragons.

Both of these young men are huge talents with a whole lot of potential. So much so that Melbourne coaches, Craig Bellamy and Stephen Kearney have had a firm eye on the pair for the past 12-18 months.

Vea, just 22 years old, made his debut with Cronulla 6 weeks ago and has impressed since, working extremely hard for the Sharks. Primarily playing off the bench, the young 2nd rower has only seen an average of 50 minutes of game time, yet has still managed to display a strong, workhorse attitude, with an average of 30 tackles & 8 runs per game. His contribution in Cronulla’s ‘engine room’ has been fantastic, as they have won 4 of the 7 games he has played this season.

Chase Stanley is no stranger to anyone in rugby league circles, the talented centre has been on the lips of many fans ever since he burst on to the scene as a school student at Endeavour High. Stanley was given plenty of game time in 2008, where he displayed flashes of brilliance, yet the young centre has only managed 3, 1st grade appearance in 2009. His performance against Penrith in round 12 was none-the-less brilliant and showed fans exactly what he is capable of. Stanley’s opportunites at the Dragons have been relatively limited, as the chance to settle in to the one position has not come. There is no doubt though, that under the excellent coaching staff at the Storm, he will have every chance to see his natural ability bloom into ’stardom.’

It is believed that both players sought their deals at Melbourne through now player manager, Lance Thompson. The former ‘Dragon’ & ‘Shark’ has been managing Stanley for numerous years now, and came in to contact with Vea as he coached him in Cronulla’s NSW Cup side last year.

The two players may now struggle to see time in the top grade this season after penning the new agreements with Melbourne. Since signing last night, Vea has already been dropped from the Cronulla side and will play NSW Cup this week.
Well hopefully Bellamy is getting rid of S. Anderson...Havent seen much of Vea...but he has alot of wraps on him.

Chase is a pretty good young player...has improving to do and hopefully bellyache can help him reach his potential.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah ud recon ando would get the axe at the end of the year, but i wouldnt be surprised if koopu wasnt offerd another contract either
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok I seriously don't  see what the problem with Koopu is! Is it lack of involvement?
I think he has a lot to offer. Anyway Chase could be really good he's a better signing than Isa that's for sure.
Haven't seen much of the sharks and vea, is he the guy in the headgear?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Koopu just needs a go. He's done little worng in limited chances yet the likes of Scott Anderson are still ahead of him.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As for Vea, yep it seems true that he has now been dropped from the first grade team for good and won't get another run for the Sharks after confirming that he had signed with the Storm.

and yes Bula he is the headgear dude
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Is there actually a reputable source for this story?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the only reason i wouldnt be surprised if koopu got the axe is because the club might be trying to get youth into the team and koopu being the oldest player we have, he may be asked to leave
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Youd have to think the signing of Vea spells the end for Koopu.

Chase Stanley will either be a massive bust or will fulfill his enourmous potential and be to pricey for us to re-sign in 2 years anyway. But I like his size and hopefully he can do the job @ RC.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought no more contracts would be registered after June 30? Then we receive news these two have signed, and talks of Turqiri possibly returning if he wants to.  Very consistent, NRL!

Very happy we got Chase Stanley. Can't have three debuting/very inexperienced outside backs with Inglis in the one year if Turner leaves. You would think if Turner was re-signed he would have with these two players?  Also with Vea, he sounds like a very promising player. Welcome boys.