Goldlist of pubs for Storm fans to support

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I thought seeing I have done a black list I would also do a Gold list of pubs that are good to Storm fans and rugby league and that we should support. I know there are some well known ones but there are also some that maybe people don't know and we should support

James Squire brewery - Docklands

This pub is good for fans of all sports and will be very accomidating. They have several big screens a good range of beers great food as well. Also as a interesting side note its the only pub in Melbourne that also has church caervices as well.

Also there is a pub in King St that are really good to rugby league fans, Unfortunetly I can't remember the name of it but its near all the strip joints and is upstairs.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

ahhhh..the strip joints.  :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yeah I know the location isn't the best but we went there to watch AUs v NZ and they were really good
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

The Aussie Bar in Phuket shows NRL games (I watched our semi-final v Warriors there last year).
What we do today will echo in eternity
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy bill wrote: The Aussie Bar in Phuket shows NRL games (I watched our semi-final v Warriors there last year).

Whatever you do just don't try and flog the beer mats  :o
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Croxton Park Complex (Hotel and nightclub) in High St. Northcote are comfortable switching games to r/l
Hotel/Nightclub at the Werribee Plaza was very accommodating to league last time I attended ;D
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

In the past the Burvale Hotel (corner of Burwood Highway and Springvale Road) was always very accomodating. Usually at least one of the smaller TVs would be showing league on the weekends and if not, they were only too happy to turn one over for us. That was in the main bar. We used to watch while we played pool every Sunday afternoon!!

I haven't been there for many years....I assume it would still be the same.

They also used to show State of Origin games in the days when we didn't get them live in Melbourne. I remember one night they set up a function room with a HUGE screen, private bar - especially for the SOO game. It was FANTASTIC - great atmosphere.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Making this a sticky cos I think it's worthwhile  ;D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I've gotta add the Rosemont Hotel in Hindley St, Adelaide.

I've been in Adelaide since May 10th and have had no problems at all with watching RL games there. And when I've asked for the sound on the Storm games they've been very accommodating. SOO1 was good atmosphere too, had a good mix of Blues and Maroons supporters there with no trouble.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

will you be in Adeliade next week for the Tigers game? if so I'll meet you there to watch it as I will be in adeliade next Sunday
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote: will you be in Adeliade next week for the Tigers game? if so I'll meet you there to watch it as I will be in adeliade next Sunday
Yep, I'm here til the end of the month. I'll be back here at the Rosemont from 11am, getting here early to watch the under 20's.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Limerick Arms in South Melbourne.  Great food and service.  Really look after league fans.  Friday night games are shown every week.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hey guys, I've been visiting family in Adelaide for the last couple of days, and so I went hunting to find a nearby pub in Adelaide to watch tonight's game.

I ended up at the Oakden Central on Forster's Rd in Oakden, and I must say, they were extremely accommodating.

We rang ahead to make sure they would switch the game over for us, and they were more than willing to do so - they even switched their music off, and put the commentary on for us.

Very pleased, if you're in Adelaide and you're near the area, check them out.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its threads like this which make me wish i werent a minor
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

minor what ? :twisted: