Round 10 Storm v Raiders Heritage Round on Monday Night

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The other thing to remember about a slowish start to the season... not only did we have a large player turnover, but there was a big number of players involved in the world cup who didn't come back to training until January... that is a late pre-season and I think was always going to result in us getting stronger as the year goes on
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldnt sleep last night thinking about it so please allow me a little whinge.

5minutes to go, up near the Raiders line, 4 on 3, 10 to 15 metres between each Raiders defender and Cooper puts the cross-field kick in.

RUN THE GOD DAMN BALL COOPER.

Ahhhhhhh,thank you. Feel better now.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Adam Blair was my MOM. Enormous effort in the first 29min, set the platform for the win. Billy was clinical, Will and GI were great defensively and Hoffman is benefitting form Finch more then anyone in that he doesnt have to deal with stacked righthand side defences anymore.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I picked up the Daily Telegraph at lunchtime, thinking I would see a run down of the match .... Absolutely nothing about the game whatsoever!!

The game was done and dusted by 9pm, don't tell me they couldn't fit in a little about the game.

Thank Dawkins for the internet - you wouldn't know the Storm existed up here except for when there is a grapple tackle controversy!!!
Last edited by singlemalt on Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

the tele i read today had a whole page on the game... :?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Tele I read tonight had plenty of coverage on the game.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

They do two editions dont they? i know sometimes i get one in the morning and the monday night game isnt in there...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: They do two editions dont they? i know sometimes i get one in the morning and the monday night game isnt in there...
You must have had the late edition, don't get that in the country - but surely a monday night game can make the early edition on Tuesday - I know that if the Monday night game had been the Souths/Tigers game it would have been there for sure ....
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm in Canberra so I assume we don't get the late edition here.  The coverage was substantial.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm now clear favourite to win the Premiership at $5.

Those odds are waaaaay toooo short.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gothestorm wrote: Storm now clear favourite to win the Premiership at $5.

it might be my medication talking but, i agree with what GtS just said

weve only clicked into gear the past 2 weeks and thats been against dismal sides that only look good when compared to cronulla

id be putting money on broncos, and even dragons at this stage

and our odds should at least be $8-$7.50
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:
gothestorm wrote: Storm now clear favourite to win the Premiership at $5.

it might be my medication talking but, i agree with what GtS just said

weve only clicked into gear the past 2 weeks and thats been against dismal sides that only look good when compared to cronulla

id be putting money on broncos, and even dragons at this stage

and our odds should at least be $8-$7.50
Also agree.  If anything we will get a lot of confidence from those 2 games.
But the Bulldogs will be a totally different proposition.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The odds are only reflective of the amount of money the punters put on us so the odds are about right. I'd say people are more than likely basing their opinion on thinking that we're starting to build up to something and are only going to get better so they're rushing to get their cash down now.

I put my cash down about 6 at $7.50 which i was more than happy with. While we weren't travelling that well at the time i think we all knew we were going to get much better as the season went on with the talent we still have so i took the longest quote i could find.

We've got a long long way to go to win the comp and that's if we even can, but i figured i'd much rather be on us at the price i got than the silly odds that we're going to end up at in the coming weeks. IMO if you haven't already now is the time to back them if you're going to, there's no way in hell now we're going to get out near what people think is a "fair" price, we're only going to get shorter and shorter and even more so if we can beat the Dogs this week.