warriors game *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i thought Finch was good. cooper, cam & billy got more involued in the play. Gi i believe is still missing in action. i thought our fowards did well but still need to improve with the amount of meters they run. i would still like to see Clifford given any change in the front row. i am glad Quinny is ok. the team played better than the previous week but still gave any stupid penalties that cost us. let's hope the team can built on that performance for the next game.
I am back again.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

grey sub wrote: i. Gi i believe is still missing in action. i thought our fowards did well but still need to improve with the amount of meters they run.
:? :? :? FFS I give up.

=4th most hit-ups (16), 140m(3rd most after Lima and Blair), 9 tackle-breaks, 1 try assist.

This is exactly the type of post I mean when I say people expect more from him then any player in the game. Thats a very good centers game. If it wasnt for the injuries last night it would of been better.

Lets look at some other centers games

Issy 138m/15 runs
Hayne 130/15 runs
Lawrence 68m/8 runs
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: does anyone know the last time we drew at home?

The only other time we drew at home (Olympic park) was against Illawarra in 1998 and the score? 14-14 just like last night  :lol:

We also drew against the Warriors in our year at the Docklands in the Muppet Murray era....... *shudder* where the score was 24 all.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote:
grey sub wrote: i. Gi i believe is still missing in action. i thought our fowards did well but still need to improve with the amount of meters they run.
:? :? :? FFS I give up.

=4th most hit-ups (16), 140m(3rd most after Lima and Blair), 9 tackle-breaks, 1 try assist.

This is exactly the type of post I mean when I say people expect more from him then any player in the game. Thats a very good centers game. If it wasnt for the injuries last night it would of been better.

Lets look at some other centers games

Issy 138m/15 runs
Hayne 130/15 runs
Lawrence 68m/8 runs
100% agree. Don't know how much more people want from him. He is working hard, taking hit ups and getting the hard metres and is still making dangerous runs.   
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought GI showed a willingness to get involved last night,

He may not have done alot of  the brilliant stuff that we associate with him  when he has had a blinder,

But he rolled his sleeves up and got involved,

And like i said in a previous post, i think finch playing on that left side will be a good thing for inglis and the team,

Finch is a non stop talker and  organiser , and having that type of personality playing inside Greg  could  be a very good thing IMO.

he will either snap him into action or drive him crazy,  :lol:
Last edited by Play the ball on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its all about the hair

lose the gerry curls and the talent shines
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Damn Storm, one more point and I'd be sitting on 7 from 7 in tipping. Oh, and damn families! The last home game I'm in Victoria for until July 4th and I couldn't make the game!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i agree...who needs golden point...Or families!  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who'd you pick for MNF Surandy?  Should be a good game...
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A lot to like about the performance.  Let down only by some poor decisions made in the latter part of the game.

To me - Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater need to fix up some basic errors and we'll be firing.  Billy made some poor plays leading to back to back sets and ther final try.  And Coop's still mking some bad judgement calls - as if he's trying too hard.

Look out Manly though.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh and next time we need a fg from anywhere outside 30m give it to GI. He was in position twice for the kick, but as per-usual, Cam only had eyes for Cooper.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can understand how the stats support GI, and they show he has certainly been doing his job... but I think we're missing some of the brilliance he usually displays while at centre. I guess that's why some people might still consider him to be MIA...

I think once Finch has played a few more games, Cam and Coops will be more than happy to slowly relinquish their duopoly (was almost gonna say monopoly lol) on the playmaking and kicking aspects of the game. It just takes time to adjust to having that third option.

I really like to see him getting his hands dirty, and organising the attack. Takes a lot of pressure off Cam and Coops.

With White back, and Manu back soon (hopefully) the only way is up...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Who'd you pick for MNF Surandy?  Should be a good game...
Panthers
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa, thanks for the stats and I see your point and frustrations with comments on here.  People see what they want to see which is a down side of being a brilliant player.  I still think that GI is one of our greatest attacking weapons and I love seeing him get the ball, facts are that on Saturday night in golden point time he was on the left wing calling for the ball in the period of extra time.  This coupled with the Warriors defence being compressed if Cronk or Cam had seen this and kicked the ball out to the left instead of going right then game over and we would all be saying GI the master and legend.  I agree that he is getting more  involved in the game and to me it appears as if he has been injuried or maybe readjusting to the centres again.  I think the thing that is easy to forget is that he has gone from a ball playing position to an outside centre position and does not get as much of the ball in this position.  His defence one on one is the best I have seen no matter what position he plays in.  Lets hope that the team can really click together against Manly and no silly penalties or errors and lets put this talk behind us and win another flag. Cheers Grey Sub.
I am back again.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote: its all about the hair

lose the gerry curls and the talent shines
He looks hot with short hair..I also think he looked like he's lost a couple kgs round the tummy too!