Storm vs Wests Tigers thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
VIC
Squall
Squall

Of course it's our attack that's letting us down. Look at the stats at the end Round 6:-

- So far the Storm have only conceded 92 points this season - this is the third lowest / best amongst the 16 teams!
- As far as attack goes, we have only scored 85 points....that is the 3rd worst after Cronulla and Parramatta.

Based on the above, none of us have to be an Einstein to work out where the problem lies!
VIC
Squall
Squall

"the only reason we havent had 40 put on us yet is because we havent played anyone in red hot form. Also its not always about the points...its the way the boys play and carry themselves...and they look disjointed and not intrested...thats worse than the boys putting 110% and getting smashed by 40 points."

We've played 3 of the top 4 teams at the moment:- Gold Coast, Brisbane and St George. We narrowly lost to Brisbane, we beat the Saints, and we got "flogged" (if you want to call it that) by the Gold Coast by 12 points!
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I've decided that I'm not going to wear my Storm top out in public for the next week or so, out of protest.

I know, us Storm fans are rather spoilt, and that every team is bound to hit a rough patch, but I just can't help but feel let down.

Here's to hoping something improves over the next few weeks (although with Warriors and Manly, who knows)!
VIC
Squall
Squall

And what are you going to achieve by doing that?? If you're a true supporter you stick by them!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Temi wrote:Here's to hoping something improves over the next few weeks (although with Warriors and Manly, who knows)!
Given our performances this year and the Warriors recent history against us at OP I seriously don't like our chances next week. And what's worse for me is that I can't make the game next week. I'm spewing as I will be interstate for at least the two home games after that.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Temi wrote: I've decided that I'm not going to wear my Storm top out in public for the next week or so, out of protest.

I know, us Storm fans are rather spoilt, and that every team is bound to hit a rough patch, but I just can't help but feel let down.

Here's to hoping something improves over the next few weeks (although with Warriors and Manly, who knows)!
Rather silly..I think...I wear my Storm tops out in public ... no matter if they win or lose.
We are going through a bad patch atm and this may improve or may not.
We have had a lot of succes over the last few year and have to stick fat with our team.

In my heart I always felt we were going to struggle somewhat this year after losing great players like Izzy, Crocker and Smith.
It may be a year where we have to try out some young guys and give them a taste of 1st grade.
Every team goes through periods like this, but you never know what's around the corner...
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

at least we're ahead of manly i dont care
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Disappointing Performance from the lads, but we'll be back.

From next week, it will be the Storm as we know it. 

Worriers = Victim No. 1  :angry5:
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: at least we're ahead of manly i dont care
We won't be for much longer...

Bellamy has lost his touch I'm afraid.  There is nothing to indicate that improvement is coming, and he simply has no answers for the way rugby league is being played in 2009.  We score 6 points against the worst defense in the league - an absolute embarrassment, no question about it.  [-(
estormboy
Squall
Squall

First Arsenal and now the Storm .......  :icon_frown:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Listening to the game on Triple M, the commentators were talking us up how we looked dangerous getting close to half time and that we were gonna score a pile of points in the second half. We got nowhere close to scoring a heap load of points. If we don't bring our best game on Saturday, where wet conditions are currently forecast then the boys might be in a bit of strife. Hopefully a win this week, then a double road trip. It ain't getting easy.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I found the comments from the panelists in the post match show on Foxtel kind of interesting. They basically said we're not getting any go forward that allows the likes of Cronk and Smith to weave their magic. I take that as more or less saying we lack size in our forwards (at least at the moment - White and Manu to return at some stage, sooner rather than later I hope).

Now if what they're saying is the case (and to some degree I believe it is), whilst we've celebrated the fact the club has signed all our big guns like Smith, Cronk, Inglis & Slater (etc.), we've failed to retain some half decent big forwards and forwards with grunt. Look who we've lost in recent years, they're all pretty much forwards (plus Izzy who had size and was a try scoring freak) and now it seems we're paying the price. There's no point in having the likes of Smith, Cronk, Inglis & Slater if they've got no engine room. Don't get me wrong, unlike others who have posted on here tonight, I thought they put quite a lot of effort in tonights game, they seemed to try hard but it didn't come together as they're expecting it to and like us they're getting frustrated. But in saying that they definitely lacked in other areas (like holding on to the ball, arrgghhh!!!).

There are numerous other reasons of course, giving away stupid penalties, dropped ball, playing too flat and the two ref system (making the game faster) to name a few but I also wonder how much of this bad attacking game stems from last year. Whilst we smashed the Sharks in the prelim final, we all know what happened in the GF.

I could really go on and on but I won't. Its been a few hours since the game ended and I'm still worked up about our terrible attacking game but I'll still be there next week and the week after, and the week after that... Besides, I have faith in CB coming up with the best plan to get us back on track and challenging for a top 4 spot (or at the very least a top 8 spot lol). It just might take longer than we all might like...
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Was going to try and download the game but stumbled onto the result  :icon_frown:

Obviously i didn't see the game but it sounds like a re run of pretty much all of our games this season bar round 1. The forwards go forward isn't good enough at the moment and the attack is terrible. From what i've read it sounds like their was no creativity and when your not putting a score against The Tigers in a half of football you know something's wrong.

We need Whitey, Sika and Lima in the pack and lets hope Finchy can get our attack going. I'am resigned to knowing the minor premiership streak will probably fall but top 4 is very gettable. At least now i see the benefits of the playoff system. As long as we make the top 4 we're in with a chance. Massive two weeks in prospect.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

On the positive side we won’t be that depleted during the Origin period…

I can only see Billy, Smithy, GI and Dallas being selected..
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

routy21 wrote: On the positive side we won’t be that depleted during the Origin period…

I can only see Billy, Smithy, GI and Dallas being selected..
Gee Id rate Stagg well ahead of DJ at this point, just depends on how loyal the selectors want to be.