Lapsed Storm Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hey folks,

Last year when I renewed, the Storm gave me a different membership number.  One of a litany of errors with my renewal this year.  As such, their computers think I didn't renew my old membership.

Today at work I noticed that I had received an E-mail saying the Storm will be calling me tonight.
8th April 2009

The Melbourne Storm players will be doing their bit tonight to help the club reach it's target of 10,000 Members in 2009.

Over the course of the evening players will be assisting the Membership department in contacting unrenewed Members in a bid to get them back on board for the 2009 season.

If you are an unrenewed Member and haven't yet heard from the club, you could be receiving a call tonight!

Click http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL_Storm/11932 here to view Storm Captain, Cam Smith's message to unrenewed Members.
On the bus home at 7:30pm or thereabouts, I got a call from someone who claimed to be (and presumably was) Joseph Tomane.  I politely pointed out that I had already renewed but they gave me a different membership number and thus the computer thinks I didn't renew, then mentioned I'm looking forward to the Panthers game, and that was it.

Regardless of the error, that's a novel way to reduce attrition :-)
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My housemate got a call from Greg Inglis!!!!!  She hasn't renewed, but I told him I had!!!!  ;)

He sounded really nervous though....poor darl.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thats a really good idea that the club came up with
how about the cheergirls come and thank renewed members, im not fussed with what they do though :lol:
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

ill buy 10,000 memberships if the cheergirls come to my house  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: thats a really good idea that the club came up with
how about the cheergirls come and thank renewed members, im not fussed with what they do though :lol:

So Sorry we could not get the storm cheerleaders but he is the the Rabbitohs cheerleaders of 1959 for you Nacho.

The morale of the story.... Becareful what you ask for.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

BTW does anyone know what our membership figures are atm?  Ta.
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Is there not a membership counter in the memebership section of the Storm website?
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

It's not a new thing for the players to call lapsed members, they've been doing it for years, most people here renew early anyway so don't get the call    ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: It's not a new thing for the players to call lapsed members, they've been doing it for years, most people here renew early anyway so don't get the call     ;-)
Where's the reward for loyalty in that - we should be getting thank you calls from the players! :D
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Insomniac wrote:
Tigger wrote: It's not a new thing for the players to call lapsed members, they've been doing it for years, most people here renew early anyway so don't get the call     ;-)
Where's the reward for loyalty in that - we should be getting thank you calls from the players! :D
That's a bloody good point  ;D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Does anyone remember that Simpsons episode with the auto-dialer?  Or how about John Howard's recorded message spam about two elections ago?

These things are scalable and a thank you from Cam or someone else could be done for next to no cost.  Some might disapprove but surely it's the thought that counts.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Some might disapprove but surely it's the thought that counts.
WRONG

For me it's honesty & a personal touch that count - I didn't get membership,so 'dial India' could call & piss in my pocket.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Cowbell_Mark
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Got a call from will chambers, we still haven't renewed but we will be fairly soon
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didgi wrote: Is there not a membership counter in the memebership section of the Storm website?
No.  Would love to find out what nos. we have, if anyone can help. Ta.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

have any of the interstate members got their away tickets sent to them yet?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]