storm vs panthers thread *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm announced an unchanged lineup for this week's game against the Panthers, with Manu and Cross added to an extended bench.

1. Slater
2. Turner
3. Chambers
4. Tomane
5. Quinn
6. Inglis
7. Cronk
8. Lima
9. Smith
10. Blair
11. Koopu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson
Bench:
14. Hinchcliffe
15. Proctor
16. Tolman
17. Anderson
18. Manu
19. Cross
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

bellyache sounded a bit more confident re: Sika returning this week. But as usual the team will probably be chopped and changed on game day. very good side...has some flaws...but we should win this game with that team....but i said the same last week to.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone tell me what Quinn and Chambers have to do to get dropped?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im happy with chambers getting a run again, he has some level of spatial awareness, but turner? he hasnt impressed at all this year, maybe he'l come out of the line once a game and lay a tackle but other than that, he runs like a girl and generally in the wrong direction.

hopefully quinn opens his eyes when he goes for a bomb this week too might get a chance of catching one
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

gothestorm wrote: Can someone tell me what Quinn and Chambers have to do to get dropped?
My thoughts exactly. Surely there are some quality young players coming up through the ranks?
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if not drop them at least carry 2 outside backs so they can switch mid game
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: if not drop them at least carry 2 outside backs so they can switch mid game
???
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote:
nacho wrote: if not drop them at least carry 2 outside backs so they can switch mid game
???
i would be taking a risk and carrying 2 backline players on the bench this week because:

1) quinn can play backrow so if someone like hoffman comes off then quinn can slot into backrow while a player like sam joe can come off the bench and fill in for him

2) the panthers dont exactly have tall men outside on the wings and putting isa in center and tomane on the wing could be a pretty smart move, but then again there is the risk of having two inexperience players playingn on the same wing, tomane has 15+ kilos on turner and 10cm and probably a much better leap

also quinn and sam joe would be a potentially good move too, joe has an extra 9 kilos on quinn and just 6cm but not just the size, he also has massive wraps on him and has been performing well in u/20s

3)  there was also an article saying how sam joe can play backrow too , so again , quinn and sam joe can also be called on for forward duties
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Theres an ancient Chinese saying "He who puts two backs on bench is asking for arse kicking".

Panthers forward pack is massive, we need all the size we can get this weekend.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There is no way Bellamy is going to put two backs on the bench, you would lose too much power in the engine room.

There is another ancient  chinese saying,

Games are won and lost in the forwards, backs  decide by how much.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pritchard could really destroy that left hand side with Tomane and Turner there. Hopefully they aim up, maybe move Koopu to keep an eye on him.
Sika Manu, well the kava must not have been working, but would be good if he returned this week, also, send Inglis at Sammut all night :P
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
thunder
Squall
Squall

It's time to act - I would definately drop Chambers - Hopeless! He has offered absolutely nothing whatsover.
Quinn - This should be his last chance - Way too erratic but can offer something on a good day
Turner - Can be good at times but takes some crazy risks

Chambers has nothing to offer the team - Very soft, lazy, error prone and lacks confidence - Drop him and let one of tje youngsters excell - he's off to the Reds so stuff him!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM
Starting line-up:

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. Will Chambers
4. Joseph Tomane
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima
9. Cameron Smith
10. Adam Blair
11. Wairangi Koopu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange:

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Aiden Tolman
17. Scott Anderson
18. Sika Manu
19. Matthew Cross

PANTHERS
Starting line-up:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. Shane Elford
6. Wade Graham
7. Jarrod Sammut
8. Matthew Bell
9. Paul Aiton
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis
Interchange:

14. Masada Iosefa
15. Nathan Smith
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Frank Puletua
18. Tim Grant
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i'd be giving Matt Cross a crack off the bench.

As for the backs give them a little longer before we start chopping and changing.

Chambers comes across as nothing more then a solid first grade player at the moment....i remember when we first started hearing about him he was suppose to be something pretty special.

I wouldn't be dropping Quinn or Turner though....already got enough inexperience in the backline with Tomane and Chambers don't need more rookies on the wings. Turner's dummy half running getting us out of trouble is underrated.   
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullets wrote: i'd be giving Matt Cross a crack off the bench.

As for the backs give them a little longer before we start chopping and changing.

Chambers comes across as nothing more then a solid first grade player at the moment....i remember when we first started hearing about him he was suppose to be something pretty special.

I wouldn't be dropping Quinn or Turner though....already got enough inexperience in the backline with Tomane and Chambers don't need more rookies on the wings. Turner's dummy half running getting us out of trouble is underrated.   
the only special thing ive seen chambers do is in his first match 2 years ago, ran pretty much the length of the field... it was during origin though so he was facing a pretty shite roosters team