storm vs panthers thread *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffman has to go! Rarely has any effect when running the ball, cost us an early try, missed the crucial tackle on the Lewis try and is just really playing ordinary at the moment. More is expected of him this is his 7th year and he's a rep.
Turner and Chambers, nothing doing there, no threat whatsoever. Where the bloody hell was Inglis last night? Did he touch the ball in that second half?
Maloney was a breath of fresh air as was Tomane last week.
We're way to predictable! Struggling to keep up with the pace and defense has no trouble keeping us out.
You know what's gonna happen next week, we'll smash the tigers!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Did we win?

Anyone reading this thread would think we lost last night. Yes we didn't set the world on fire but we still won. It's more than what Manly has done this season. ;)
Last edited by Surandy on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samo
Squall
Squall

loved maloney's efffort, hopefully he gets another crack this week,

would not kill hoffman to have a week back at the central coast, and see where he dosnt wanna be playing week in week out.

samo
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: Did we win?

Anyone reading this thread would think we lost last night. Yes we didn't set the world on fire but we still won. It's more than what Manly has done this season. ;)

Spot on. Of course we're not playing anywhere near as good as we know we can but we're still 3-2 even though we are down on form so in that respect we're going along ok. We've had it very good for a long time now and as soon as we go through a rough patch some people couldn't be any quicker to get the knives out.

If we were going as bad as Manly then it'd be much more justified but for christs sake we've still won more games than we've lost! The good teams find ways to win even when they're down on form. The biggest positive is that we WILL get much better, we have too much talent in our team not to so if we can hang tough and grind out the wins until we go up a few gears then we'll be pretty well positioned.

I agree, a couple changes need to be made player wise but some of the calls made here pretty much replacing half the side are just ridiculous. If we start making massive wholesale changes picking apart the whole team we're never going to get the chance to get our combinations right and work on the cohesion we need to go forward.

We've had a large player turnover in the off season and it was always going to take some time to adjust to that. It might be taking a bit longer than most of us thought but it will happen.  There's nothing wrong a bit of constructive criticism but there's a big difference to that and bagging shit out of the team and individual players. Reading some of the stuff here you'd swear it was coming straight out of opposition supporters mouths and not Storm fans. I had no idea some of our fans were so fickle.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

1) if we come up against a better team than the panthers and play like that we will get smashed by 40.

2) we shouldnt have to worry about what other teams are doing. when we start relying on them to play bad so we can get higher on the ladder than we are screwed.

we won...but did we deserve it? hell no...did we even resemble a team that has any go forward or enthusiasm? hell no. its getting worse as the week goes on...if we dont fix it soon we wont make the 8.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Are you talking about half time or the Game?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote:

1) if we come up against a better team than the panthers and play like that we will get smashed by 40.

2) we shouldnt have to worry about what other teams are doing. when we start relying on them to play bad so we can get higher on the ladder than we are screwed.

we won...but did we deserve it? hell no...did we even resemble a team that has any go forward or enthusiasm? hell no. its getting worse as the week goes on...if we dont fix it soon we wont make the 8.
1) We played the Broncos and Dragons, both those sides played much better than the Panthers and we didn't get 40 put on us.

2) We are not at a stage of the season where we are worrying about other teams.

Take a look at this time last season, we weren't going much different results wise than we are now. The main difference is that the team's cohesion and enthusiasm is bit more pressed this year, yet we are still toughing out some wins. If we stick with the team, build that cohesion adjust the game plan to allow for personnel changes, get Sika and White back on the park, imagine the potential. We showed more potential last night than we did the week before, although we also had some very poor lapses in defence, fortunately only two of those cost us points.

We are supporters, so lets support the team. I'd like to congratulate the crowd, we did a much better effort of cheering the guys on last night and it seemed to lift the players a bit. How good was the combined "bullshit" chant in the second half!! Loved it!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I agree with Surandy & Ice, we won the game in the end and the team are still to gel (or not - whatever tho  :lol:).

We as Storm supporters have been so bloody spoilt almost since day one.  I know most people are only letting off steam but honestly sometimes it sounds like people are about to jump ship whenever we don't put in an exceptional game.

As one who's had many major sporting disappointments over the years with another code/club (which shall remain nameless til we kick the bastid of a coach out  ;-)) I don't mind if we play like old grannies - as long as we win  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as long as we play to the level that we know we can then im fine win lose or draw.

but knock ons every 5 minutes, passes to players ankles, letting opposition attackers do what they feel etc... that doesnt make it an enjoyable game, even if we do happen to win
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tigger wrote: ) I don't mind if we play like old grannies - as long as we win  :P
Unfortunately that sort of Ostrich "head in the sand" attitude won't pay off when finals time comes around.

We really need a reality check not a "oh she'll be right"
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

gothestorm wrote:
Tigger wrote: ) I don't mind if we play like old grannies - as long as we win  :P
Unfortunately that sort of Ostrich "head in the sand" attitude won't pay off when finals time comes around.

We really need a reality check not a "oh she'll be right"

Hahahahaah you're a peach  :lol:
Rather than a 'she'll be right' attitude I'm more of a believer in 'let's let the coach and team do their work and stop trying to make out like I know what's going on behind the scenes'  :P
If all those people employed by the club can't work it out then yeah, it's a problem. 
Btw, if playing like grannies gets us to the finals it wont matter if MY head's been in the sand will it?? And if we don't make the finals it wont be the end of the world.  ;-) :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i am happy to take the 2 points, i believe it was a slight improvement on last week. smith & cooper got more involued, i thought Maloney was good.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY IS IT THAT OUR FOWARDS ARENT MAKING GREAT METERS DURING MOST OF THE GAME ? DO THEY NEED TO STEP BACK AFEW METERS AND GET A GOOD RUN UP?????? THE FOWARDS NEED TO SET UP & LAY THE FLATFORM FOR THE PLAY MAKERS AS THEY HAVE DONE IN THE PAST...... WE CAN ONLY HOPE NEXT WEEK IS ABIT BETTER
I am back again.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:

1) We played the Broncos and Dragons, both those sides played much better than the Panthers and we didn't get 40 put on us.

2) We are not at a stage of the season where we are worrying about other teams.

Take a look at this time last season, we weren't going much different results wise than we are now. The main difference is that the team's cohesion and enthusiasm is bit more pressed this year, yet we are still toughing out some wins. If we stick with the team, build that cohesion adjust the game plan to allow for personnel changes, get Sika and White back on the park, imagine the potential. We showed more potential last night than we did the week before, although we also had some very poor lapses in defence, fortunately only two of those cost us points.

We are supporters, so lets support the team. I'd like to congratulate the crowd, we did a much better effort of cheering the guys on last night and it seemed to lift the players a bit. How good was the combined "bullshit" chant in the second half!! Loved it!
1) we played much better vs those two teams...as i said we are getting worse as the weeks go on.

it isnt always the result....noone can say that we are playing good footy. sure its not the end of the world and i totally agree that we will eventually get things right...but we cannot put in efforts like that again...other teams will catch on and kill us.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

No one is giving any credit to the Panthers...they seem to be improving every week and looked very good against us..certainly know how to offload...unlike our team.  We are too predictable, but must remember, its  still fairly early in the year and hopefully the new guys will settle during the year.

BTW the refs were pretty poor again this week...anyone agree?  Not looking for excuses here, just an observation.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought the refs had a better than normal game, in saying that , the touchies still need to grow a set of balls and step in once and awhile and maybe assist in refereeing the game instead of getting a field side seat for nothing
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]