Away travel

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Corusant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi all, I'm looking at travelling to an away game in the next few months.

Do many travel and whats the situation regarding supporters all sitting together?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stay in touch with this forum and let us know what game you want to attend.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hi,

I am one of the organisers of the Sydney Stormtroopers. We attend every away game in NSW and Canberra, saying that  my son and I have only missed 3 games in the past 10 years!

The Storm supporters in Melbourne all know us ( I am the quiet, retiring. purple haired fanatic who lives in Sydney- NOT,it is very rare for me to be quiet at a  game), as do the players and officials of the club.
We usually buy general admission tix, and meet together at the ground.

When you make plans to travel up here. private message me here on the Bai Stand and I will provide my contact details so that you can arrange to meet up with us at a game. Many of the supporters from Melbourne also meet up with us when they travel.

We have our rules too, no abuse or threatening behaviour towards opposition supporters, friendly banter is fine!

So please if you feel you want to be with fun, happy STORM supporters north of the border at a game, don't hestitate to contact me.

We also have on myspace: Melbournestormfans

Cheers
Bunnies ( and yes I love my Bunnies as well!) :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Corusant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks for your replies. I'll let you know which one we'll be attending!
SeeYaSlater!
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

if you want to come to the game in NZ, sit in Bay11 at the West Stand, tickets are $15 Child/ $30Adult. Still a good view of the game, and a big chance of meeting some of the players
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We are planning to attend this year's Warriors vs Storm game on the Father's Day weekend, which also happens to be my birthday!

Spent my 50th in Townsville four years ago and had an absolute ball!

At this stage we fly over on the Friday and come home on the Monday as I hopefully assume the game will either be a Saturday or Sunday game!

Perfect, my birthday, finally travel overseas and get to watch my STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM play in New Zealand!

Cheers
Bunnies and Stormboy :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm in NZ for 3 weeks in May, and not one Warriors home game will be played in that time, let alone vs. Storm!  They have two away games and a bye!!  That's what you get when you let the missus organise the holiday dates!  :?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Insomniac wrote: I'm in NZ for 3 weeks in May, and not one Warriors home game will be played in that time, let alone vs. Storm!  They have two away games and a bye!!  That's what you get when you let the missus organise the holiday dates!  :?
Ya reckon that was deliberate?  ;-) :lol: ;-) :lol: ;-) :lol:
Poor Insomniac  :(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hmmm... maybe you're onto something Tigger!  :-k

My wife is a big footy fan as well though (Roosters), but if it had been up to me, I would've scheduled in a 3 week holiday out of footy season completely!  Unfortunately it was the only time she could get off work... (well, that's what she says!)
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bunnies wrote: We are planning to attend this year's Warriors vs Storm game on the Father's Day weekend, which also happens to be my birthday!

Spent my 50th in Townsville four years ago and had an absolute ball!

At this stage we fly over on the Friday and come home on the Monday as I hopefully assume the game will either be a Saturday or Sunday game!

Perfect, my birthday, finally travel overseas and get to watch my STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM play in New Zealand!

Cheers
Bunnies and Stormboy :D :D :D
Ive managed to goto the warriors games in the last 2 years. Both games have been on sunday arvo, I hope it is the same again this year. Flights are quite cheap at the moment, it would be nice to know what day we actually play tho this year.
Weather last year was crap,but its still a great country and great to get over there.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lets us not forget Perth in June against the "Bunnies"