round 1 team

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote:
gothestorm wrote: Was the video ref used last night?
first video ref for the year was between manly and buldogs tonight
I can't remeber the last time I went to a game where there was no video ref decisions. Can you?
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What? Are you sure? I swear I saw a video ref decision on Broncos vs Cowboys.
Twice I think. I remember a Broncos player being denied a try because he dropped it.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: What? Are you sure? I swear I saw a video ref decision on Broncos vs Cowboys.
Twice I think. I remember a Broncos player being denied a try because he dropped it.
they mentioned tonight something along the lines of

"its the first video ref decision of the year and were finally agreeing"

in the warriors game ther was no vid ref either, i think the try in the broncos game where he fell on it was never taken to the ref but replayed a fair bit
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I love Cooper wrote: What? Are you sure? I swear I saw a video ref decision on Broncos vs Cowboys.
I'm not sure about twice, but I'm positive there was a video ref decision in that game.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: mate...its never quinns night...he is either ok or terrible.
I disagree - I thought Quinn had a great year for us overall last season, particularly defensively.  He had a few "off" patches here and there, sure, but nothing like Friday night.  But with so many young guys battling it out for those backline spots, he certainly can't afford another game like that one.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Is'nt quinn recovering from an injury and had a limited pre - season,

i'm sure thats what I've read,

He looked very tentative , did'nt have his usual aggresion, which has always been his strong point.

everyones entitled to a shocker once in a blue moon ,as long as though they dont become regular,  I dont think he has had many has he.

They dont stand out in my memory if he has.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One thing I didnt like from the game was our failure to keep pressure on through goal-line drop-outs, rather then go for the try. It was a major flaw of ours last year.

Also interesting snippet in todays Sydney papers that we are going to make a play for Dave Taylor. I doubt we get him but if we did I'd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote: One thing I didnt like from the game was our failure to keep pressure on through goal-line drop-outs, rather then go for the try. It was a major flaw of ours last year.

Also interesting snippet in todays Sydney papers that we are going to make a play for Dave Taylor. I doubt we get him but if we did I'd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
looks like petro will be heading back to broncos then, because taylors only being shopped around so they can get petro
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
samo
Squall
Squall

courier mail (brisbane paper) rekons dave taylor is stayin with broncos, he just had a baby to a girl who lives in brissy. but who really no's.

samo
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

meh, i dunno what it is...never been a fan of Quinny. He does have some ups mainly in defence...i just cannot stand some of the stupid stuff he does regularly. recent injury or not....the first thing your taught as a kid is to 1)hold the ball  and he seems to find it extremely hard to do that...and gets paid good money to do it.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hated on Quinny for ages, he proved his worth through the second half of last season though.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT