round 1 team

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Ahha I remember him now, he did do well at the Titans, consistent and good defender.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Damnnnn! I was excited for Manu!! Hopefully he makes a good recovery.
3 more days.... I can't wait!!
Cowbell_Mark
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

can not wait. Got the cowbell ready, and im bloody pumped.I still need to get my membership but... :'(

We should easily beat the dragons with that squad
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote: Sika Manu is out, strained his hamstring in training today.
MELBOURNE Storm coach Craig Bellamy has been forced to go to Plan B after second-rower Sika Manu strained his hamstring yesterday.

Manu, who had been named for Friday night's season opener against St George Illawarra, limped off Visy Park less than 30 minutes into Storm training and was immediately ruled out of the Olympic Park game.

Bellamy will have to turn to one of his back-ups, with recruits Wairangi Koopu and Matt Cross in the mix to replace Manu.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html
lima lima lima duck injuries already. This season is doomed.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

ah that sucks for sika. hopeuflly gets back soon.

Koopu may get the nod due to experince...i havent seen either cross kor koopu play much so cant comment on their ability.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

FTS: Turner, tipping he'l score 2

MoM: Turner

Final Score: 16 - 6
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: I'm not convinced about Manu starting. I don't think he is an 80 minute player.
Just my opinion.
I reckon Manu's hamstring gave up the ghost when it realised he was starting and would have pressure on it for most of the game, rather than bursts off the bench.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: ah that sucks for sika. hopeuflly gets back soon.

Koopu may get the nod due to experince...i havent seen either cross kor koopu play much so cant comment on their ability.
From what ive seen Koopu (when in form) is actually a good player. Handy offload and a pretty big hitter, and from what i heard of his pre-season his a pretty fit bloke.
I thought Cross was a good prop at Penrith, not as big as his brother though.

Oh yeah, now with Manu out, im really having doubts we'll win, guts tell me we'll lose!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i have a feeling matt cross will start mr bellemy has a thing for him at the moment
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gothestorm wrote:
gothestorm wrote: I'm not convinced about Manu starting. I don't think he is an 80 minute player.
Just my opinion.
I reckon Manu's hamstring gave up the ghost when it realised he was starting and would have pressure on it for most of the game, rather than bursts off the bench.

:fastcar:.....................................................................................:accident:

Please.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

bula wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: ah that sucks for sika. hopeuflly gets back soon.

From what ive seen Koopu (when in form) is actually a good player. Handy offload and a pretty big hitter, and from what i heard of his pre-season his a pretty fit bloke.
I thought Cross was a good prop at Penrith, not as big as his brother though.

Oh yeah, now with Manu out, im really having doubts we'll win, guts tell me we'll lose!
sika is good...but wont be the difference between a win and loss this week.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: FTS: Turner, tipping he'l score 2

Turner man of the match? Even if he plays his best game he'll probably get overlooked!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i have faith in the lil fella, he'l run rings around big wendell
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: FTS: Turner, tipping he'l score 2

FTS - Yeah, I'm with you on this one, I think Melbourne will be quick to test out the wings, and I reckon Turner will run rings around big 'Dell

MoM - I gotta go with Billy, not only coz its a safe bet, but I think Belly will have some enteprising set plays to bring out, especially with Billy off the back of the scrum

Final score - I'm willing to give Dragons 2 tries, more out of blind luck than planning, but I am sure we will put the crunch on them as the game progresses and win by 10 or so.  Say 12- 22

First round is always hard to judge, but I think mentally the dragons lose their matches against us well before they even reach the ground - if anyone can change their mindset it will be Bennett.

Only 2 days to go    ;D
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Read that Kev Proctor will get the start and Koopu will come onto the bench. The significance of that shouldnt be underestimated. Last year I reckon Bellamy would have erred on the side of caution and brought Cross into the side and started White with Blair back to 2nd row.

A much more positive and attacking move by Craig. Keep it up.