trial vs broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

cheers thanks for that insominac.

surandy...too much to ask for you to fly up to brissy and give us updates tomorrow night?  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac  up load all photos or most or at least a few id really like to see the guy training in a different place
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: cheers thanks for that insominac.

surandy...too much to ask for you to fly up to brissy and give us updates tomorrow night?  :lol:
Definitely too much to ask. ;) I don't have the spare cash for that.

And thanks Insomniac, were you one of the ones screaming when the boys turned up late?  :lol:
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

haha ...fair enough i guess.

Insomniac just upload all of em if ya can ... :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Insomniac wrote: Pre-trial update: most of the guys trained well this afternoon, and the guys really seemed to be enjoying themselves (Lima, Blair, & Manu in particular).  Cronk & Slater seem very focused and ready to go, and Inglis just makes anything with or without the football look effortless (a funny moment occured when Steve Turner tried to run around the outside of GI, and GI just smiled, changed into second gear, and nudged him into touch... I feel sorry for anyone that tries that whilst not wearing a Storm jersey!).  We all know that Dallas is a tackling machine, but it still astounds me how much of an impact he makes in tackles, even at half speed during training!

The only downer was Quinn, who made it half way through the session before leaving the field with Mary.  When he did return to the field, it was only as far as the sidelines with some ice, and although I couldn't see exactly where the ice was placed, it looked like it could be thigh or groin related.

Other than that, White had a fair bit of strapping on, Koopu looks like he's fitting in well, Proctor looks good, Maloney (at least I think it was him) looked a bit off the pace, Isa and Chambers also looked good.  I barely heard a word from Smith, with Cronk and Slater directing the show very vocally (Slater in particular seems to be looking after the young guys and making sure they are in the right position and running the right plays).

I'll look through my photos and see if there's anything interesting to upload...

Thanks for that...you are a darling :D
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: cheers thanks for that insominac.

Definitely too much to ask. ;) I don't have the spare cash for that.

And thanks Insomniac, were you one of the ones screaming when the boys turned up late?  :lol:
Ummm, no... well, maybe once!  :D

Has anyone been designated the score updaterer?  If not, it looks like I'm going to cave in and purchase one of the over-priced $40 tickets for the big game - the Storm and two full strength line-ups only minutes from where I live is too much to resist... so, I'd be happy to SMS score updates to someone that could post them on here... PM your mobile if you're interested...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here are some photos from training... (sorry, the upload feature on this site won't work for me)
Photo: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

Comments:
#5: This was funny - neither player would let the other put a hand on their shoulder, so they just ended up holding hands.
#9: Kearney (still in great shape!) was forced to make a tackle after Slater gave away a blatant penalty for interfering with the defender!  :D
#10: Something we could see a bit of this year...
#12: Cronk, looking very scruffy but very buff, giving some much needed advice...
#14: First sign of the problem with Quinn (in background)...
#15: Cronk setting up a nice attacking play...
#16: There was hardly a time when Blair didn't have this smile on his face... (see #9 also)
#17: I only noticed Matty Johns was there when I checked my photos!
#18: Billy very vocal in directing traffic and controlling the defensive line... it's amazing the amount of work he does that goes relatively unnoticed.
#19: Quinn leaving the field about half way through the session... he didn't return.
#20: We don't want to be seeing this during the year...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good shots, Inglis' arms are bigger than his head , really look! number 7 or 8
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great photos Insomniac, thanks for posting them.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

great photos thanks for that have fun at the games im sure the games will be worth the money as both teams seem to feel this is their rd 1 game

matty johns seems to be doing alot with the storm this pre season he was there last week too and you can only ever tell after you look at the photos

Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Time to take the drive up north... ;D
*Champagne football*
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm heading off now too... I'll be relaying scores through Super Cronk (if I can still get in that is!)... GO STORM!! ;)
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fampa wrote: Time to take the drive up north... ;D
not in the speed machine  ;D
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:
over-priced $40 tickets for the big game
Hang on GA tickets are $25 for 7 games of footy.... that's a good price if you ask me.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone know the score of the under 20's game should be finished soon