Hoffy plays with the Storm till 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great News

AUSTRALIAN Test star Ryan Hoffman has signed a new four-year deal at Melbourne Storm which will keep him at the club until the end of 2012.

Hoffman, 25, made his Storm debut in 2003 and has played 129 NRL games for the club.

He is one of five Melbourne internationals who will play in the club's opening 2009 trial match
against the New Zealand Warriors in Hamilton on Thursday.

The strong-running Hoffman will be joined by Sika Manu and Dallas Johnson to form an all international back-row.

Australian halfback Cooper Cronk and former New Zealand international Wairangi Koopu have also been included in Craig Bellamy’s 22-man squad to face the Warriors.

The Storm squad to play the Warriors is:
Brett Anderson
Dane Nielsen
Willie Isa
Joseph Tomane
Andre Itula
James Maloney
Cooper Cronk
Scott Anderson
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Louis Fanene
Sika Manu
Ryan Hoffman
Dallas Johnson
Hep Cahill
Sam Joe
Jade Williams
Wairangi Koopu
Kevin Proctor
Clifford Manua
Matt Cross
Zeb Tahwa
Dane Chisholm.
I am back again.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

awesome news bout hoffy.

intresting team aswell. going by who bellyache named i think maloney will be playing 5/8 this week.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Interesting to note the absence of key players, Billy Slater, Anthony Quinn, Steve Turner, Brett White, Jeff Lima and Cam Smith.  I know they are just seeing how the young guys go and these guys don't need to prove them selves. I know it is off the subject a bit but I just sw the Foxtel add for the Charity Shield game on Fuel TV, Warren Smith must have loved filming that one that is all I will say about the add, Cheers
I am back again.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very happy to see Hoffy re-sign.  Be great if he gets back to top form, he is a very good wide running back-rower, and I think we missed him at the back end of last season... seemed to take away some options, as he loves running off Coopers hit close to the line
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote: Very happy to see Hoffy re-sign.  Be great if he gets back to top form, he is a very good wide running back-rower, and I think we missed him at the back end of last season... seemed to take away some options, as he loves running off Coopers hit close to the line
He was a good wide-running back-rower.

I think teams have nullified him somewhat the last couple of years and maybe he needs to mix his game up a bit with some footwork and/or an offload before the line (not the one hand round the corner one though). Good to see him re-sign, though 4 years  seems a bit long, not that that means anything anymore.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good to see a loyal player stick with the club, he might not be in form all that often but he is a quality player
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

grey sub wrote: Great News

AUSTRALIAN Test star Ryan Hoffman has signed a new four-year deal at Melbourne Storm which will keep him at the club until the end of 2012.

Hoffman, 25, made his Storm debut in 2003 and has played 129 NRL games for the club.

He is one of five Melbourne internationals who will play in the club's opening 2009 trial match
against the New Zealand Warriors in Hamilton on Thursday.

The strong-running Hoffman will be joined by Sika Manu and Dallas Johnson to form an all international back-row.

Australian halfback Cooper Cronk and former New Zealand international Wairangi Koopu have also been included in Craig Bellamy’s 22-man squad to face the Warriors.

The Storm squad to play the Warriors is:
Brett Anderson
Dane Nielsen
Willie Isa
Joseph Tomane
Andre Itula
James Maloney
Cooper Cronk
Scott Anderson
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Louis Fanene
Sika Manu
Ryan Hoffman
Dallas Johnson
Hep Cahill
Sam Joe
Jade Williams
Wairangi Koopu
Kevin Proctor
Clifford Manua
Matt Cross
Zeb Tahwa
Dane Chisholm.

Interesting that Jade Williams and Zeb Tahwa have been named.  Neither have been included on the Storm 30 man squad for the year.  I believe both have signed to play with Central Coast so must be doing something right at training.  Dane Chisholm might be this years bolter from the NYC - Winger / Centre must have reallly impressed to be included. 
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Great news about hoffy, and only 33 days until the season starts.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

james moloneys been training at 5/8 for the last week and a half or at least i think it was him

good on hoffy so happy he is staying
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

grey sub wrote: Interesting to note the absence of key players, Billy Slater, Anthony Quinn, Steve Turner, Brett White, Jeff Lima and Cam Smith.  I know they are just seeing how the young guys go and these guys don't need to prove them selves. I know it is off the subject a bit but I just sw the Foxtel add for the Charity Shield game on Fuel TV, Warren Smith must have loved filming that one that is all I will say about the add, Cheers
You perve :lol:

Good to see Hoffy sign up> quality player and hope he remains injury free.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He doesn`t have much impact for nsw/aus back rower. He does need to mix his game up if Melbourne start throwing it around he could really benefit from it.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]