My Mum and sparring partner

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Today I lost my Mum, she would have been 89 in 3 weeks time and the last 10 years were not kind to her.

In 1999 she was a pedestrian on a crossing when a garbage truck went through a red light and crushed her! She spent 21 days on life support and 6 months in hospital but by some miracle was able to walk again up until 18 months ago when her health forced us to place her in the nursing home where she passed away in the early hours of today.

My love and passion for rugby league came from my Mum, for over 40 years we had an ongoing battle over who we both supported, me at that stage the South Sydney Rabbitohs( whom I still love despite my strong allegience to the STORM) and for her the Canterbury Bulldogs formerly known as the Berries! We had some monumental arguments but could always laugh when the smoke had died down! Arnold was drop kicked by me on a regular basis and he endured many baths when we were sure she was convinced he was real and she proceeded to feed him! :D

In 1967 she cooked rabbit stew and strung my toy rabbit up on the TV antenna when both our teams were up against each other in the Grand Final! I had the last laugh!

She loved Terry Lamb and Darryl Halligan, Terry visited her in Intensive Care at the time of her accident and presented her with Arnold, her beloved stuffed Bulldog. When in her early 80's the local paper got wind of this geriatric delinquent wearing a bulldogs jersey and parading Arnold around in her walker when her team was up against Whodoesn'tmatta in the local derby, she appeared proudly in the paper declaring " that Halligan could put his boots under her bed anytime!!" She had a wicked sense of humour, a passion for those she loved, and Arnold was with her to the end and will remain with her.

Our lives will never be the same, but we know ahe will now be with Dad, her gorgeous George to whom she was married for 62 years until his passing in 2003 at the age of 92 years.

We salute her and admire her for her tenacity with dealing with whatever life through at her, she was tired, her time had come and she is now at peace.

We love you Mum and Nan RIP, Peace Perfect Peace.

" The Carnival is Over" The Seekers.

Love
Heather, Peter, Lyddia, Aisha, Luke and Tazzie xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hey Heather, my thoughts are with you all in this sad time.

PS: I hope you are better from your recent poor health.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Heather, our thoughts are with you.
Losing loved ones is always hard but thankfully you have some wonderful people around you, plus all of us who know and love you are always here for you too.
P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Heather, our thoughts are with you at this time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Heather our thoughts are with you
dont morn celebrate your mums life
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

what a wonderful tribute here from you re you mum.
thoughts are with you.

I recently lost my dad due to an infection so I know what you are going through...thankfully I still have my mum.

Take care.
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Our thoughts are with you bunnies glad she was a proud supporter of her team
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

It's certainly sad for those left behind. I hope the passing days and memories of your mum make it a little 'easier' for you and your family.
On a lighter note.... I'm sure my nanna would make her a fine friend as she was a long time bulldogs supporter, her beloved dog was named Berrie and when he passed he was followed by Morty and then Baa. As nanna would say "Up the Berries!!!" but as for us "STOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRM"
Again my thoughts are with you.
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.