Michael Crocker

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Seriously I dont want to sound racist and appologise for that previous comment, but it is funny how my relo's from england have to spend shite loads of $$$$ to move to oz but Im sure people from other countries other than england dont have too.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

good to hear that Crocker's training with the storm while he's Waiting for the paperwork
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

pauliedude wrote: Seriously I dont want to sound racist and appologise for that previous comment, but it is funny how my relo's from england have to spend shite loads of $$$$ to move to oz but Im sure people from other countries other than england dont have too.
Maybe you aren't racist - but defiantly ignorant .... at least that is easier to cure.

Of course it costs for people to emigrate from the UK, they are coming from a comparable first world country where wages are high, they live in a democracy and have all the freedoms that we enjoy here this basically goes for EVERY person seeking to emigrate to Australia regardless of origin.

Many of the immigrants you are alluding to are refugees, who flee persecution and, as such, do not pay these fees.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Crocker denied Visa. What's he going to do now?!

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... -7ts4.html
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Perhaps the NRL has been lobbying the British government for assistance in retaining players in the NRL rather than losing them to Super League?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: Perhaps the NRL has been lobbying the British government for assistance in retaining players in the NRL rather than losing them to Super League?
Hope so :D
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Yeah and I'm sure the British Gov. would listen to them too... not.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Didgi wrote: Yeah and I'm sure the British Gov. would listen to them too... not.
Like anyone with intelligence would actually listen to David Gallop.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surely at 28 he wouldn't retire... (as much as I would like to...)

He should come back to the Storm for match payments, given he used his exit clause to not play this season and thus the NRL shouldn't register any contract with another NRL team...
But I guess "shoulds" and reality are often different.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Me not having applied for a working visa before but I guess you get asked questions like when you travel international about being previously charge or convicted. I guess Crocker is being totally open about anything in the past, but the english may not realise that they are dealing with a maturing person who has grown up / learned and just wants to play footy, not blow up the tube. But I guess u gotta trust no one.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

pauliedude wrote: Me not having applied for a working visa before but I guess you get asked questions like when you travel international about being previously charge or convicted. I guess Crocker is being totally open about anything in the past, but the english may not realise that they are dealing with a maturing person who has grown up / learned and just wants to play footy, not blow up the tube. But I guess u gotta trust no one.
A friend of mine has drug and violence convictions, but is working in a London advertising agency - his convictions were 10 years old when he got his visa, apparently showing a clean record for a period of time helps.