Round One 2009 v Dragons Date release

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm expecting it to be moved to the Dome but as yet it hasn't.

The Dragons have it being played at Telstra Dome which we all know it is no longer called that, when you look at the Dragons site for the schedule it is listed still at OP.

Expect it to be announced mid Jan a week before tickets go on sale.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the nrl site has nothing on it yet either
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

on SEN melbourne radio Brian Waldren said that a couple of our home games thais year may be moved to telstra dome so they can get ready for the new stadium
he didnt say anything about it being rd 1 so i dont know???
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Makes me happy I haven't put in my membership yet - Friday games - Games moved to the shopping mall  :icon_frown:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: on SEN melbourne radio Brian Waldren said that a couple of our home games thais year may be moved to telstra dome so they can get ready for the new stadium
he didnt say anything about it being rd 1 so i dont know???
Looking at http://www.telstradome.com.au/page/defa ... e=Calendar the best options to move would be Round 1 vs Dragons and Round 10 vs Raiders. Most of the other rounds Docklands is already booked up for AFL. The Broncos game in Round 13 would have been ideal for a Friday night match but AFL has booked the entire weekend.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote: Makes me happy I haven't put in my membership yet - Friday games - Games moved to the shopping mall  :icon_frown:

Bourban Rat, please don;t be offended, but if you are a true supporter and want the team to survive you should buy a membership.  If they do move a game or two it is only to get extra support for the Storm :D
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote:
Bourbon Rat wrote: Makes me happy I haven't put in my membership yet - Friday games - Games moved to the shopping mall  :icon_frown:

Bourban Rat, please don;t be offended, but if you are a true supporter and want the team to survive you should buy a membership.  If they do move a game or two it is only to get extra support for the Storm :D
haha, that isnt a way to make friends around here...
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

yeah we dont need any more "pfft im more important then you because im a member" posters  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The True supporter" crap doesn't wash - It's put out by the club to draw in suckers.

I WORK late on Friday & have problems getting from where I work to Calamity Dome any work night so..............
Do I lash out $201 for General membership + Social club for the maybe 6 home games I can get too ?
Or would you rather I risk losing my job so I can be a "True supporter" ?

See you in 2009 for my 12th season as a Storm fan.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote: The True supporter" crap doesn't wash - It's put out by the club to draw in suckers.

I WORK late on Friday & have problems getting from where I work to Calamity Dome any work night so..............
Do I lash out $201 for General membership + Social club for the maybe 6 home games I can get too ?
Or would you rather I risk losing my job so I can be a "True supporter" ?

See you in 2009 for my 12th season as a Storm fan.
Sorry, sounds like I have offended you.  Look I understand your position.  I guess I just mix and go to Storm games with people who buy a membership even if they can't go to games, etc. ..so that's where I was coming from....not to hurt you. :(
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry, sounds like I have offended you
You didn't  ;-) The one thing about this forum, we hope, is that everyone is entitled to their opinion,(though sometimes it may seem otherwise).
Trolls of course are the exception  :twisted:

I think just about everyone on here knows that Friday,Monday games & that stadium are my unholy trinity of pet hates.Unless I & others who have problems with said trinity suddenly become the norm the club will continue to pursue what they,(or their marketing gremlins) perceive as "good for growth") - Fact of Life  :icon_frown:

BTW - You'll find me,(well the back of my purple fedora ) & some of my happy band of fellow fools on page 26 of the membership pamphlet  ;-)
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am with Ratty on hating the Monday nights But for different reasons being kids and school
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dome games are even better on a Friday night-walk down from work,have a beer on the way,and watch the boys kick some arse after  :D Thats how every week should end!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

might be good for you but working in dandenong south and having to get to the city on a friday night is bitch for OP but the dome is worse unless i manage to get home early and hop on a train
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will admit one of the few pros of my job is Im a 15 min walk from work to the dome and 15 mins max tram ride from OP
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...