A Sincere apology to Cam Smith and the Bai Stand members

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hi

A few weeks ago I wrote that Cam Smith was a Traitor when it looked likely that he was going to sign with the Titans.

I wish to apologise for my comments at the time. There is no excuse to say such things. I owe Cam Smith and everyone here on this forum an apology. I am sorry.  :(

It's great news that Cam has re-signed and I wish him all the very best over the next 4 years. It will be great following him and the rest of the team.

I have signed up for a 2009 membership tonite and look forward to a great year! :D

Cheers
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good effort mate.  We were all concerned, but you need to show more faith!!!  By the way, it wasn't just you...
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah man, its ok, were all guilty of having a go at cam.

cant blame people for panicking
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: yeah man, its ok, were all guilty of having a go at cam.

Yes we can, the attack on Cam was pathetic given nothing was confirmed, just a bunch of rumours and media beatups. And show me where we all were guilty of having a go at Cam!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I tend to agree with Surandy... i'm happy with Gothestorm's post here... but I know I sure as hell didn't have a go at Cam at any point! 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
nacho wrote: yeah man, its ok, were all guilty of having a go at cam.

Yes we can, the attack on Cam was pathetic given nothing was confirmed, just a bunch of rumours and media beatups. And show me where we all were guilty of having a go at Cam!
forgiveness please .

pic related
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeh i was critical to and have to say sorry to cam
:D
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

agree with Surandy...

Most of us kept the faith with Smithy………all good though.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Thx GTS, people need to realise that rumours are just that, until it's actually announced otherwise, going off half cocked never benefits anyone.  :)
I never lost faith or respect for Cam - nor will I - he's a bloody great guy!
Cheers
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

im sure when the next player comes off-contract you will be doing the exact same thing.

but thanks...i guess.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

@Nacho
"What do you want me to do?  LEAVE?  Then they'll keep being wrong!"
:lol:
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In this case, the only apology that I need to offer is for doubting Cam Smith re-signing with Storm (have you ever noticed how re-signing and resigning are spelt the same? The irony!)

With Izzy, Crocker, Smith and Fusi leaving, I was concerned that Smith's family was going to have the final say, and that Smith would sign elsewhere closer to home.

Interesting though how the Titans withdrew their offer in the way that they did. They were accusing Smith of using them as a ploy to raise his price with Melbourne - I wonder if there's any truth to that?

Regardless, glad to have him onboard for another four!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Interesting though how the Titans withdrew their offer in the way that they did. They were accusing Smith of using them as a ploy to raise his price with Melbourne - I wonder if there's any truth to that?
I'd give serious thought to the possibility that Searle & Co would take ANY opportunity to rattle the Storm,or cause a players price to be inflated ,
with little or no cost to themselves since they could always withdraw any offer if Storm left the field ;-) .
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:
I'd give serious thought to the possibility that Searle & Co would take ANY opportunity to rattle the Storm,or cause a players price to be inflated ,
with little or no cost to themselves since they could always withdraw any offer if Storm left the field ;-) .
The Titans hate us especially after the Turner saga, so can imagine that hatred is even stronger now...but the don't mind taking our players though :lol:
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't really have a problem with people thinking or even assuming that Smith was going to sign elsewhere, particularly if it was to a team that got him closer to his "home" and family, but why that means he needs to be labelled a traitor for doing so is beyond me.  He has served us well and never claimed that he would remain with the Storm for his entire career.  He owes us nothing, and if he had signed elsewhere, that does not give people the right to label him a traitor.

I have a problem with the players that only come to the Storm to elevate their profile (when no one else wants them), and then leave as soon as they get an offer somewhere else.  They are the "traitors", and they are the only ones that should be labelled so.