Trial updates

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hamilton to host World Cup stars in Vodafone Warriors preseason trial

Waikato Stadium is set to showcase as many as nine of New Zealand's World Cup-winning players plus head coach Stephen Kearney when the Vodafone Warriors and the Melbourne Storm clash in a National Rugby League preseason trial in Hamilton on February 12 next year.

Hamilton City Council today announced it had secured the trial just days after the Kiwis won the World Cup for the first time by stunning Australia 34-20 at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium. With so many of the World Cup players involved in the game, it looks set to be an exciting rematch when the two trans-Tasman teams meet.
- Scoop.co.nz

Full Story:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU0811/S00303.htm
Last edited by Surandy on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

For anyone that hasn't looked at the Storm website lately, we've got one trial at Princes Park on Saturday 21st of Feb against Newcastle, kickoff at 6pm.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... =1&pg=2146

Trial against the Broncos on Feb 28th will be played in Caloundra.

Edit: just updated thread title and made this a sticky.
Last edited by Surandy on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowbell_Mark
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i like trial games but it is anoying how our games are played at princess park :(
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am really looking forward to the trial match, don;t care where it is as long as its Victoria.
In fact all our trial games should be in Victoria to promote the game. :D
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its at visy park parkville
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: its at visy park parkville
Yes I know and I will be there for sure.  Its closer for me than OPark, but I will go anywhere to watch the Storm.
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

I suggest sitting around near the coaches box for those who are going.Excellent view of the ground.Go there often to watch my AFL teams VFL side play.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

4 weeks to go til our first trial, just over 5 weeks til the home trial.  ;D

Damn! And I just realised I missed the Storm vs Cowboys replay on pay tv!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: 4 weeks to go til our first trial, just over 5 weeks til the home trial.   ;D

Damn! And I just realised I missed the Storm vs Cowboys replay on pay tv!
Me too....and NRL Summertime.  Glad I have the Storm/Cowboys on tape.  I guess NRL Summertime will be replayed later in the week or do they only do one-offs?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

5 weeks exactly until our home trial.  ;D
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I am waiting to receive my Storm Membership pack, and I was wondering if I could attend the trial in Feb with a non-member? Or is it strictly Members only?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After the initial excitement of the news that the boys would be playing a trial game on the Sunshine Coast (5 mins down the road from where I live), I am now deflated to learn that ticket prices are $40 per person (seated) or $25 per person (standing)!!!  This is an appalling price tag for a "stadium" that features no permanent seating - they will have to erect the same crappy, cold, hard temporary seating as previous trial matches - and there are zero undercover areas for the inevitable blazing sun or pouring rain.

This is not the fault of the Storm either - the Stockland group that have taken over what was previously called Quad Park need to be shot, and they won't get a cent from me.  My support will unfortunately be limited to the fan days during the week. :evil:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Insomniac wrote: After the initial excitement of the news that the boys would be playing a trial game on the Sunshine Coast (5 mins down the road from where I live), I am now deflated to learn that ticket prices are $40 per person (seated) or $25 per person (standing)!!!  This is an appalling price tag for a "stadium" that features no permanent seating - they will have to erect the same crappy, cold, hard temporary seating as previous trial matches - and there are zero undercover areas for the inevitable blazing sun or pouring rain.

This is not the fault of the Storm either - the Stockland group that have taken over what was previously called Quad Park need to be shot, and they won't get a cent from me.  My support will unfortunately be limited to the fan days during the week. :evil:
Pretty harsh for a trial game  :(
Poor Insomniac, that suxors big time.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
samo
Squall
Squall

quad park is a terrible venue, i went to a storm trial there a year before last, and it was very poor, they can not handle crowds and got greedy and over sold tickets, i prob wont bother making the trip there.

pity they are playing there. i wish the storm trialled somewhere else in south east queensland

samo
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

samo wrote: quad park is a terrible venue, i went to a storm trial there a year before last, and it was very poor, they can not handle crowds and got greedy and over sold tickets, i prob wont bother making the trip there.

pity they are playing there. i wish the storm trialled somewhere else in south east queensland

samo
Why don't you guys email the Storm and tell them of your thoughts about the venue and prices...$40 disgusting unless of course it included a fan day, etc.on the same day and the U/20's playing as well...then it would be sort of realsonable.