The media saying its the end of a era but I'm not so sure

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just cause we lose one game and have 1 off day a lot of the media are saying "its the end of a era" what now for Melbourne" the club is on its knees'

I have heard so much talk that for a good rugby league team you just need a good 1 6 7 9 and maybe 13

well before the media say the end of a era have a look at our 1 6 7 9 and 13 for next year and see if any club can challenge

1 Slater
6 Inligs
7 Cronk
9 Smith
13 Johnson

still sounds pretty good to me can't think of too many better in the league for 09
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thers no way this is the end, as for 2010, i think we will be struggeling
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis will be back out in the centres for sure next year - look for Taumata to be our #6 next year, which I am really looking forward to by the way...
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mikey wrote: Just cause we lose one game and have 1 off day a lot of the media are saying "its the end of a era" what now for Melbourne" the club is on its knees'

I have heard so much talk that for a good rugby league team you just need a good 1 6 7 9 and maybe 13

well before the media say the end of a era have a look at our 1 6 7 9 and 13 for next year and see if any club can challenge

1 Slater
6 Inligs
7 Cronk
9 Smith
13 Johnson

still sounds pretty good to me can't think of too many better in the league for 09
Ah Inglis won't be in the 6 and lets hope he is never asked to wear that jersey again. I think Bellamy will be happy to admit that was overall a fail.

Taumata will be in the NZ team by the end of next year...lock it in.

I do agree that we will still be very good next season. Im actually really looking forward to seeing our team next year. I don't think the boys will be lacking any motivation after yesterday. 
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

I could possibly be the end of an era .... we are retaining our stars but what made us great wasnt those stars alone in my opinion it was the brilliance of the fringe players. Newton Cross J Smith Kaufusi Crocker ect ect players that arent considered superstars but were top players for us now we still have the stars but our fringe isnt so good. We have a great core to rebuild around and this is why i feel it could be an end of an era. But with such quality the turnaround time shouldnt be very long or painful for us.
Kaufus Kaufus Kaufus is on the bike. HEY KAUFUS GIVE US A WAVE ! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Certainly not the end of an "era".

We have lost stars in the past and have re-built in  a short period of time to be champions. We have some great juniors...we have our #7, #1 and most likley #9 for atleast another 3-4 years, and around them we have juniors who have gained experience along with the worlds best coach. I dont see why there is all this doom and gloom.

And why is 2010 the cut off date?  Who knows who will sign next year...who knows that tolamn or tomane or someone like that doesnt turn out to be the next GI or Slater etc.

We will have a real 5/8...i havent seen much of him but surely is much better then a centre come 5/8. no offence to gi coz he has done an awesome job...but i just think we need another play maker to take pressure of coops...i feel cronk had way to much pressure on him this year we must remember he has only 2-3 years full-time experience with us....he will grow to be a better halfback and leader.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Unfortunately I think Manly will take out the title next year,they are only really losing Menzies & Bell.Salary cap should start to hurt them in 2010 though.Storm should be top 4 next year.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ah here we go again, same as every year, first when we lost that bloke um what was his name, Kimorley yeah that was it, then when we lost that other hack um,  Orford and so on and so on Oh yeah and that bloke Scott Hill was going to be the end of the line PFFT, please.  One thing this club does and does it well is recruit and train juniors up. I think we will be a stronger team with Taumata as I saw him play several times last this year he was good.  I have to say that I am disapointed with the end result but we did better than 14 other teams and the main thing is we beat the Broncos and Sharks.  So next year new game plan for Ricky Stuart and others to whinge about and more dangerous too.
I am back again.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We'll be fine. Might struggle next season, comparitively speaking, but 2010 we'll be ready for another title tilt.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well looking to the future, i think maloney from wentworth was a shit buy.

missed every feild goal attempt and dropped alot of balls yesterday
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: well looking to the future, i think maloney from wentworth was a shit buy.

missed every feild goal attempt and dropped alot of balls yesterday
Mate he isnt going to be our run on halfback. He will most likely train fulltime with the first grade squad...he will improve and hopefully bellyache and mould him into a good enough half to take over coops or to play along side him in the future.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There are no certainties for either argument, it's all speculation,

I can remember when we lost Orford and Bell, we were supposed to struggle,

Next season we played in a GF,

It will depend on how the kids go, my guess is we will play finals next year, but not the GF.

But we could then improve again the year after, (got to get Cam to sign.)

We are losing a bit of mongrel in the fowards, that is my biggest immediate concern apart from Izzy.

And I have argued against having Inglis at 6 all year, I would have played Geyer there.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
bruce
Squall
Squall

Kaufusis Clan wrote: I could possibly be the end of an era .... we are retaining our stars but what made us great wasnt those stars alone in my opinion it was the brilliance of the fringe players. Newton Cross J Smith Kaufusi Crocker ect ect players that arent considered superstars but were top players for us now we still have the stars but our fringe isnt so good. We have a great core to rebuild around and this is why i feel it could be an end of an era. But with such quality the turnaround time shouldnt be very long or painful for us.
Yeah I think it is end of an "era." End of the 2006-2008 era anyway. With the losses of Hill, Kidwell, Crocker, Folau, Smith, King, Cross, Newton, Kaufusi, Geyer etc.. it is definetely a different type of team with a new gameplan

And rightly so. This season showed that teams are figuring us out (Auckland, Cronulla, Roosters, Newcastle etc.) and if we keep the same plan, eventually we'll slide down the ladder.

We need a "fresh" start, and we have the best building blocks of them all to do it.
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

With this new guy, he's been sacked from three clubs now =/ will he bring a bad name to our club?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

visualise-this wrote: With this new guy, he's been sacked from three clubs now =/ will he bring a bad name to our club?
Judging on the Sydney media over the last month or so, it can't be any worse with him than without.