Plenty of good seats still left

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

[quote][Fireworks failing to spark ticket sales
By Dan Koch
October 02, 2008 TICKET sales for the NRL grand final at ANZ Stadium on Sunday remain sluggish, with the league admitting seats in most categories at Homebush are still available.

NRL director of commercial marketing Paul Kind said sales for the match were down on past years, though he remained hopeful the Sydney public would rally in the final four days to ensure the game was close to, if not a complete, sell-out.

"Tuesday's sales were down on past years certainly," Kind said.

"Often by the close of business on Tuesday we are completely sold out, but that isn't the case this year.

"So I guess the message to league fans is there are plenty of good seats still available."

There have been concerns about the marketability of this year's decider, given that it pits the club which, historically, everyone loves to hate - Manly - against Melbourne, who have seemingly worked overtime in recent weeks to turn fans outside the club against them.
Despite being the standout team of the competition for the past three seasons, Melbourne struggle to draw large crowds away from home, except in Brisbane, where their strong Queensland presence is obviously well received.

/quote]
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Geez the two best teams in the comp in the grand final and Sydney are now not interested. Everyone still hates Manly and after the last few weeks we have joined them as another hated team.

I might just fly down sunday morning and rock up at the gates and buy tickets  :lol:
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Melbourne struggle to draw large crowds away from home
Well, yes because there are very few Storm supporters in NSW. Just as Melbourne home games get almost no away support unless we're playing the warriors.

Its the lack of Manly and neutral supporters that's bringing the crowd number down.

Anyone got any idea how sales for the Storm bay is going? Or an estimate on how many Storm supporters are making the trip up north?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sydney siders dont believe in supporting the game, only their team. thats what will kill the code, not grappeling.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Despite being the standout team of the competition for the past three seasons, Melbourne struggle to draw large crowds away from home, except in Brisbane, where their strong Queensland presence is obviously well received.
Note the apologist's excuses. :roll:

Face it Dan your fellow NSW'ers are bleating sheep that have lost their way in the mire of propaganda perpetrated by your populist inspirered agendas disenchanting the vast majority of people who genuinely appreciate Rugby League.

:D
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah, what he said! ;)
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know there should of been a comma there somewhere. :9

;-)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Syndeysiders...still unable to cross a bridge, mind you enough have been built for them, they just can't do it.

Spoke to ANZ Stadium this morning and they were shocked to hear that some Storm supporters have been placed in 'Manly' sections.
It also seems form the conversation that both the NRL and Ticketek have stuff it up again be not letting people know as the teams are allocated the ends (northern or southern) before the first lot of tickets go on sale. The only changes that take place is if two teams are allocated the same area and they both make it. But the sections are still decided two week before hand.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so that would put me up the Storm end at bay 137 then - glad to hear as I bought the early round of tickets!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

It will never happen that the NRL move the game, but I'm sure we all know, considering that the last SOO here was a sellout and the massive publicity we have garnered this week, that this game would pull 70-80K plus were it to be held here and likely be a higher crowd than they'll get up there. I'd suggest they'd also get a larger crowd if it was being held in Brisbane ( if they had a stadium large enough ). One can only dream.
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote: yeah, what he said! ;)
What he said was.

In an effort to sell tickets D.Gallop,aided by the judiciary & Sydney's gutter journos manufactured a hate campaign.

The NRL spin doctors STUFFED UP,coz the sporting public in Sydney don't give a shit about going to the GF.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i wish people would say sydney team supporters dont support the game etc.

Bunnies lives in sydney and you probably couldnt find anyone more passionate or supportive then her. Im not as supportive as ild like to be but you can only make do with what you got.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Super Cronk wrote: i wish people would say sydney team supporters dont support the game etc.

Bunnies lives in sydney and you probably couldnt find anyone more passionate or supportive then her. Im not as supportive as ild like to be but you can only make do with what you got.
Sadly for Sydney Bunnies & the crew,Christabella,etc are the EXCEPTION rather than the norm,whereas in Melbourne the norm is that the public tend to support major events in sports they don't follow through the year.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields