Time is running out for Waldron

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

pfft all this shit about not getting in to the afterparty, who cares, ur saving money cause the players never rock up anymore!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Ahhh, Thunder got kicked out from the 'front' of the presentation ball 'site'.........were you that person trying to get in & hassle the players for autographs??  Seriously, why the hell would anyone want to hang around 'outside' the clubs premier event for the year? 
Ohhhh those sour grapes are making your mouth all weird looking  :lol:
Membership is doing fine and the small amount to attend the social club is really not over the top - members got a bloody great deal for years, things had to change a little eventually - get over it! 

(for all those who know what I used to do, I really mean what I say about membership & social club, hard to believe it myself  ;D)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just love how people crap on about the amount of money the club has lost getting itself established (in a non-RL state with no leagues club mind you)... but to then crap on about having to pay for social clubs and extras etc... you can't have it both ways - it would be great if we could, but either the club has a "community feel" and is a free-for-all (losing money in the process), or the club has to put a price on extras (in some sort of attempt to actually make money and become viable)... I'm sure the club would love to make these extras free to payed up members, but until the club is making money, a good CEO will make tough choices to limit losses, no matter how large or small.

And just look at how bad all of the "heartland" (Sydney) clubs are doing now that their primary revenue source (pokies in their leagues clubs) are becoming less profitable - we don't even have a leagues club ffs!  What about other revenue sources, like sponsorship?  I'm surprised we have any sponsors with the lack of coverage the NRL/CH9 give us, despite being the most dominant team of the last few years.  Why would you sponsor a product, even if it was the best product on the market, if it didn't give your company exposure to a large audience?  Our sponsors would be better off branding the Broncos, Roosters, Eels or Dragons, who seem to get preferential treatment when it comes to TV exposure, regardless of how bad they're travelling... heck, even the Rabbitohs and Panthers were given the same number of Friday night games as us this year!

So I think the administration have done a brilliant job with the uphill battle that they have faced with our club...

Oh, and the comments about how our CEO should "think logically and concentrate on important things such as winning the premiership" - umm, isn't that kind of up to the players... you know, the players that were brought into the club and/or retained by the club, by a coach that was himself retained by... oh that's right, our CEO!
thunder
Squall
Squall

Please, the guy is a clown!

Let's see how much his loud mouth costs us?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

thunder wrote: Please, the guy is a clown!

Us? It will cost us nothing. It could well cost him & Bellamy a bit, but that's yet to be determined.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

thunder wrote: Please, the guy is a clown!

His?

Dont you mean their?

Bellamy is in this too you know, I was under the impression it was his comment about the bookies that they have taken most offence to,

Do you want us to give him the flick as well ?

Before he costs US some money.
Last edited by Play the ball on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Average crowds are up, our merchandise sales this year ( to June 2008 ) are 5th in the league up from 12th , 8000 season ticket holders as distinct from the Sydney figures which are for members only,  we have a new stadium being built with none of our money, and we are about to play in our 3rd GF in a row. Now I realise it's down to the whole club, but to me that looks like success and if a business is succeeding you do not get rid of the CEO.
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm