The Dally M Curse

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Since the Dally M became the official player of the year award for the NRL in 1998, there have been 10 winners in 11 years (the awards were cancelled in 2003 due to player strike).

Of those 10 players, seven won the award and didn't play in the big dance that year. Two have, and both lost, whilst Matt Orford will gain further pressure by trying to become the first Dally M winner in over 20 years to win the Dally M, and the premiership. I checked this to earlier than 1987 before I gave up. In fact since 1987 only two players have won the Dally M and then played in a Grand Final that year - Matt Orford will become the third.

Will the curse of the Dally M's continue???
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was thinking that when he won the Dally M and it was bigger than him, Cam Smith won it and you are right the curse prevailed so I am sort of glad Billy or cam didn't win it.....
I am back again.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not to mention the curse of shiteness which attacks all players who leave our great club. Also add in the curse of Orford been a wanker...this guy doesn't have a chance!
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Not to mention the curse of shiteness which attacks all players who leave our great club. Also add in the curse of Orford been a wanker...this guy doesn't have a chance!
=D> =D>
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]