Signings

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne are showing intrest in Jamie Feeney from what I've heard. And apparantly Ian Donnelly will be released from his contract with Manly to play for Melbourne in 2005.

Manly just beat Melbourne in a 'race' for Donnelly signiture last year.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

That's the second time I've heard this Jamie Feeney story today!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Earl's been connecting Feeney to the Storm for the last few days.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Apparently we've signed Ian Donnelly according to Tony Peters (who's Peters?)
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just read that over at LU as well. At least we've signed someone :lol:
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just found a feature on the NRL website called "player head to head" where you can line up the stats of any two players next to each other.

For interests sake I lined up Donnelly & Feeney against various members of our roster.

Donnelly's stats are fairly similar to Rodney Howe's this season which is a bit of a concern but I guess Rodney is past his prime & Donnelly is still on his way up. You'd think that under a decent coach Donnelly's game will improve too.

It was hard to find a good comparison to Feeney. His stats are sort of comparable with Hoffman and Johnson. He gets through less work in defence than them but contributes a bit more in hit-ups and metres.

As long as we get them at the right price I think they'll be good buys. Feeney more than Donnelly though.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

NZ Storm there stats though would be somewhat restricte because both players havn't really been shown much game time. Feeney has only played 60 minutes + once this year and he made 30 tackles and 15 hit-ups.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

We have signed Dennis Scott for 2 years.
Nez
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I just read that on the Dog's forum, was rather shocked to be honest. Good to see we are signing people again though. As for Feeney. I never thought of this guy but he is exactly who we should go after. Okay, his stat's aren't the best but he hasn't exactly been in favour there no matter how hard he tries. I remember last year he was a workhorse for the dogs off the bench, and chipped in with several good tries. He'd do well for us, and looking at how he wanted to stay at the dogs for life and be a one team man, he also values loyalty pretty highly which means we treat him right he'll stay for a while. Not sure about donnelly, personally i don't overly rate the guy, but if he signs i'll get behind him. It's not like we have a large forward pack anymore so he can help us in that area.. maybe..
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I just had a look at his profile on the Doggies site...

"Regularly in first grade last season, with consistent high work rate and versatility in the forwards. A 'must-have' player for any successful club."

Sounds good to me :)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh and there you go, not a second ago Storm officially announced the signing of Ian Donnelly.

I don't know too much about either of the new signings but hopefully its a step "forward" in the right direction :lol: :lol: :lol:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Donnelly is a handy young prop. Apparently has some work to do regarding attitude, but if well coached could be a very handy pick up. Scott is a solid forward IMO. He doesn't look flashy, but gets the job done. Feeney would be a handy pick up though. Hope we haven't given up on him.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I guess I'll have to watch the game on Nein tonight and keep an eye out for Dennis Scott. If he was playing that is.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

a birdie inside the club said they are big name singings coming up!!!!.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

As doubtful as I am AAS, I sure hope there are more signings to come :lol:

And you say big name. Which big name players are still available. :?: