Is the Grand Final really on at 5.00pm??!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
trytry12345
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If it is we can't win. We hate playing during the day. We can only win if it is played at night. How many games over the years have we lost during the day compared to night? Heaps!!

Who the lima lima lima duck changed the time of this final??!!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

de ja vu
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Strange reasoning there.

I'm glad it's on at 5pm.

Have you kept a track of our oppositions winning records during the day?   ???
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nah, the NRL lied.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

doesnt matter when we play.. at the end of the day its a footy field, there is a ball and two teams with a shitty ref. Its just a coincidence that we lose a few day games here and there.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
trytry12345
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Super Cronk wrote: doesnt matter when we play..
I have to disagree. Our record is atrocious during the day. Go back over the records and you will see this is so true. I'm shattered now that I heard it is on at 5.00pm. I have booked my flights but now I'm checking the cancellation conditions on my ticket.

Again I ask why has the time changed from previous years. I bet the NRL changed it knowing our disastrous record.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

trytry12345 wrote:
I have to disagree. Our record is atrocious during the day. Go back over the records and you will see this is so true. I'm shattered now that I heard it is on at 5.00pm. I have booked my flights but now I'm checking the cancellation conditions on my ticket.

Again I ask why has the time changed from previous years. I bet the NRL changed it knowing our disastrous record.
no i think it was changed for reasons such as ; family friendly time slot, better tv time slot , etc...
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

trytry12345 wrote:

you are such a drama queen. Its a grand final, the boys are not going to care if its day or night.

Its late arvo anyway, it will be dark in no time
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

drama queen? more like a deadset f'ing moron. Pretending to be a storm supporter...but only has negative things to say. get a life you twit.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Time was changed pre-season. But it really doesn't matter. Trolls always appear this time of year. Something to do with Spring. Anyways, they belong to a species called Chicken Little. Constantly proclaiming that the sky is falling down! ;)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: Time was changed pre-season. But it really doesn't matter. Trolls always appear this time of year. Something to do with Spring. Anyways, they belong to a species called Chicken Little. Constantly proclaiming that the sky is falling down! ;)
When the reality is that all trolls float up,being that they're bloated bags of hot putrecent gases  :pottytrain5:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
richard2007
Squall
Squall

do we all know that on the 5th of Oct the day of the grand final Day light saving starts so 5pm is realy 4pm with our body clock
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

its 5pm as a compromise between the NRL and TV who wanted a 7pm, whereas the NRl wanted back to 3pm
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm_rhinos wrote: its 5pm as a compromise between the NRL and TV who wanted a 7pm, whereas the NRl wanted back to 3pm
TV 7pm...not down here it wont be.

On 2GB after the match they were saying that there was concern that Nine wont be showing it until 7.30pm in Melbourne....mind you they will do a newsbreak with the scores like they always do before the broadcast.

I just hope that 2GB have got it wrong.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It will be dark at halftime,  :?

Is this thread supposed to be serious
Last edited by Play the ball on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm