Storm after game statement yet?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone heard what the Cam Smith 'after game statement' was?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There's this on nrl.com - around the last third of the article.

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid ... x?id=53034
Last edited by Tempest on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Not sure about an actual statement, but I just watched 9 minutes of the press conference and saw Bellyache and Wally let loose
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellyache has gone nuts!!! If you get a chance to watch the press conference, do it. It's great!!!!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Haha.  Just watched it on Fox 513.  Absolute GOLD from Bellyache.  :lol:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm_rhinos wrote: Anyone heard what the Cam Smith 'after game statement' was?
Didn't know Cam was making a statement, thought the club were which sort of took place at the press conference.............and I understand that a challenge is going to be launched by the club to see if they can get Cam to play in the GF.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well bellyache and waldron have sent a press release to the papers and members via email, they have apologised.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dear Member

I would like to inform you that the below media release will be sent out today to all media in relation to issues pertaining to comments made re the NRL Judiciary.

We are hopeful comments in this release will bring the matter to an end.

Thank you to all Members for their support with this issue. Hopefully we can put the issue behind us asap.

Regards,

Brian Waldron

Melbourne Storm press release

Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron and Melbourne Storm Coach Craig Bellamy would like to make the following statements;

Craig Bellamy:

"At the post match press conference on Friday 26 September I made some comments which have been widely reported as criticising the NRL judiciary.

On Saturday 27 September I did state to the media that "at no stage did I intend to question the integrity of the judiciary". I want to emphasise that statement again today.

I repeat at no stage did I intend to question the integrity or reputation of the members of the judiciary. I acknowledge that the judiciary members made their decision honestly, based on what they saw as the merits of the case. I apologise for any hurt or distress my comments may have caused."

Brian Waldron:

"Like Craig, it was never my intention, or the club's intention, to question the integrity of the judiciary members. Neither the club nor I intended to cause hurt or distress to any judiciary member. I acknowledge that their decision concerning Cameron Smith was made honestly, based on what they saw as the merits of the case. I also apologise for any hurt or distress these comments may have caused.

The Melbourne Storm is passionate about the game of rugby league. We wish to emphasise that it was never the club's intention to hurt or damage our game, or anyone associated with it. We regret any such perception, if that has occurred."
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

I thought they wanted an on air retraction.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

thats bullshit!

why give in to these tosspots?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: thats bullshit!

exaclty and an apology is just an admission of guilt , except they werent guilty of anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:

exaclty and an apology is just an admission of guilt , except they werent guilty of anything!
exactly. i totally agreed with what they said...or "didnt intend to say".
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote:
nacho wrote:

They aren't apologising for the comments as such, they are blaming the media for the way they interpreted Bellamy's comments.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Surandy wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:
nacho wrote: exaclty and an apology is just an admission of guilt , except they werent guilty of anything!
They aren't apologising for the comments as such, they are blaming the media for the way they interpreted Bellamy's comments.
Doubt that.
"I apologise for any hurt or distress my comments may have caused."
The "I" and "my" seems very clear who is apologising.

I am very disappointed. :(
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, apparently the apology wasn't good enough anyway, so the lawsuit is still coming... :roll:
Storm's apology falls on deaf ears
AAP

The Melbourne Storm's apologies to the NRL judiciary panel appear unlikely to resolve the situation, with the three panel members reportedly still intent on continuing legal action.

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron and coach Craig Bellamy released statements on Tuesday apologising to judiciary members Darrell Williams, Royce Ayliffe and Darren Britt, 11 days after their comments following Cameron Smith's grapple tackle suspension.

Both Bellamy and Waldron said it was never their intention to question the integrity or reputation of judiciary members who banned Storm skipper Smith for Melbourne's final two matches of the season.

But Williams has rebuked the apologies, labelling the effort "half-arsed".

The judiciary members started defamation proceedings against the Storm duo last week.

"It does not go close to the requirements of the apology we wanted," Williams told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"There was a timeline for this and we definitely wanted an apology before the grand final."

Williams added that the panel trio will meet with the NRL, but felt to date nothing had changed.

"As far as I'm concerned, I don't think anything's changed and it's most likely we'll continue (proceedings)," he said.

"We don't need to be linked to bookmakers and have our integrity brought into question.

"We asked for an apology and it wasn't forthcoming. We were given a pretty half-arsed one instead."

Bellamy insisted in his statement he never meant to "question the integrity" of the panel.

"I repeat at no stage did I intend to question the integrity or reputation of the members of the judiciary," he said.

"I acknowledge that the judiciary members made their decision honestly, based on what they saw as the merits of the case.

"I apologise for any hurt or distress my comments may have caused."

Waldron expressed the same sentiments in the statement.

"The Melbourne Storm is passionate about the game of rugby league," he added.

"We wish to emphasise that it was never the club's intention to hurt or damage our game, or anyone associated with it.

"We regret any such perception, if that has occurred."