Cam decision

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Smith and Melbourne Storm are disapointed after the NRL judiciary stayed with the charge.

Cam will miss the future of Storm games this year.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck.

how do you know this?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
peter
Squall
Squall

He's gone for 2 weeks
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just checked on foxsports

i was hoping you were wrong SW.
:icon_frown:

hes gone for the 2 weeks. now im just preparing for "NRL on Fox" to go melbourne bashing
Bell
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Pity for Melbourne. I want to see them in the GF. But it was probably the right decision in the end.

Storm will still get through I reckon.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

the media beat up worked

its going to be a mighty task now but its still possible to win.

This will fire the boys up for sure. Could work in our advantage for sure....another week of everyone being against us.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we can and will win this week. but we cant beat warriors with out cam.

manly we can topple over no worries
Thaidaysbrokenneck
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

NOw that really is a shame    Storm seasons over!!!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: we can and will win this week. but we cant beat warriors with out cam.

manly we can topple over no worries
disagree i think the Warriors would be very nervous on grand final day...its a different ball game totally. I would be very confident.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

To be honest i dont have a problem with his suspension - what i do have a problem with is all the other players who have NOT been charged this year.

We can easily beat the flake - looks like Gallen is marginal and no Seymour or Bird - I was speaking with a friend who is a flake fan and he thinks their losses are harder to cover
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A solid show of support for the team,(And both our Smith boys) & a good win on Friday is the best way to stick it up those who seek to undermine the club.
If the team sticks to it's game plan & has faith in the guys around them then they can beat ANYONE on any day.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think the club needs to institute a new policy. If a player can escape suspension by taking the early plea - fight the charge. I've seen the footage of Smith's "grapple" on Tate at the start of the year. It was just another of hundreds of tackled where one arm was over the shoulder and linked to the other arm under the shoulder. That kind of tackle makes it very hard to apply direct pressure to the throat.

Club decided it was safer to accept the guilty plea and the 93 carry over points.

Cam was charged with the same offence and would have been given carry over points and no suspension had he not had carry over points. First incident was not charge-worthy. We now pay the price.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So who will be the next 'grapple - chicken wing - prowler - insert name for new tackle here ' target of the " we want Melbourne out media campaign "  ???
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bruce
Squall
Squall

hey guys

Im a pretty new Storm fan (new this season)

Apart from kicking the conversions, what else does Cam do that we're gonna miss Friday and ind the Granny??
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

After reading the 'findings' of the panel & the fact it took only 20 minutes to reach those findings I would be VERY ANGRY if the club did not notify Robert Finch that they expect EVERY tackle by every player to now be subjected to the same video scrutiny & trial by media.  :roll:

I look forward to the NRL's first 60 penalty / 120 minute game this Friday  :twisted: