Cam decision

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bruce wrote: hey guys

Im a pretty new Storm fan (new this season)

Apart from kicking the conversions, what else does Cam do that we're gonna miss Friday and ind the Granny??
experience , calm under pressure, leadership, damaging dummy half runs, good coverage on his in play kicks, tackeling machine etc...
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
VIC
Squall
Squall

Shame about Cam......BUT let's be honest, look at the Storm's line-up. In 2008, they had 10 Origin players! The Storm have big names with plenty of depth........Camerson will be a huge loss and given that Ryan Hoffman also won't be playing, this will reduce the number of Origina players down to 8 + Cooper Cronk. The Storm work together as a team, so I'm sure they will pull through.

What has been evident in the last few games is that 1) the Storm is certainly not as dominant as they used to be in the last couple of years and 2) Other sides are quickly catching up.

The bottom line remains I think that win or lose, I don't think that Cameron's presence or absence from the team would be the reason for it.

But as I said, the Storm has a strong line up, they generally work well as a team, and have good reason to make it back to back titles.

GO STORM!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

See an early article that dicky stuart says Cam deserves to miss out on the prelim. Well of course he says this as coach of the sharks but what about if Storm miss out on the GF and Cam misses out on the WRLC opener.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I totally disagree that the other teams are catching up, if we had byes at the origin time and didnt play 3 games with 10 players out we would have likely won the minor premiership again with only 3 or 4 losses.  We have 2 tight games and now everyone is 'catching up' . Well noone said that when we needed to win by 26 vs the bunnies and cruised to that - hardly a catch up.

What they are doing is whinging at the ref more and getting more penalties, but in tersm of the actualy game the only thing recently is more balls out wide targetting Quinny coming in a bit too quick, but besides that what else have other teams 'caught up' on? I think if you look its the storm who have changed a little the last month, less bombs for Izzy come to mind to start with, but given we beat the Broncos in the game of the season you cant really argue with that!
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
trytry12345
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Warren Smith on NRL Fox Sports was LOVING it tonite!!!

lima lima lima duck
VIC
Squall
Squall

Don't agree - sorry. Last year still had about 7 players in Origin, and yet we finished the Minor Premiership comfortbaly on 46 points?

This year we had a few more Origin players, but we lost more games, and ended finishing 1st with two other teams, and only won the minor premiership because of our for and against. Sure, our performance against the Bunnies was great, but our performances with the Broncos last week, the Warriors last week, and even when we last Manly weren't all that impressive because all these teams played extremely well.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

We also had Byes before Origin instead of after. So this year we had more games without most of our team.
thunder
Squall
Squall

Don't be surprised if this is the breaking point for Smith!

I will not dudge him harshly if he decides to walk out of the NRL when his contract is up, especially after being made a scapegoat to keep all the anti Storm red necks north of the border happy!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i doubt he would leave just because he was suspended. hes mature enough and loyal enough to know that he is better off in the NRL , be it melbourne or not, hes not leaving australia
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

thunder wrote: Don't be surprised if this is the breaking point for Smith!

I will not dudge him harshly if he decides to walk out of the NRL when his contract is up, especially after being made a scapegoat to keep all the anti Storm red necks north of the border happy!
I think you'll find that dummy spits are the domain of said 'red necks' and their star players  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Unfortunately for Smith  ...... i'm not surprised  :x

With the public outcry over that tackle, the NRL would have been been lynched had they let him off!!!!  

It'll be difficult, but that gives us even more incentive to go back to back

Carn boys ..... let's rally, show them how the game should be played and while we're at it ... shove our lightning bolt fair square up their %$#@! a s s and really give them something to whinge about.

Storm Premiers '08  :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I hate to say it but maybe it's time our players softened up and use our opponents tactics back on them and whinge and whine when they do illegal tackles on us, and not only that but stay down when hit late, illegally, etc?

Nah, lima lima lima duck that!!! We are better than those whinging, whining pussies!!!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's a shame about Cam, but who knows, maybe a different kicker might actually *gasp* score a few sideline conversions for a change.

Anyway, LOL at the bozo at The Hun who pushed the wrong button - http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 49,00.html - NRL judiciary clears Melbourne Storm's Cameron Smith to play
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Call me biased, but I cant remember seeing a player in purple (or white for that matter in away games) stay down after cop'n a knock without being KO'ed, and even then they try to get up. Correct me if I am wrong. This is something that we can be proud of and I guess thats why most of our team are representative players.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i agree with the boys on nrl on fox , as they said.

how can the judicary get consistancy with grapples and other discrepancies if they always have different judges! it makes no sense at all.

"hey david, lets change the judiciary every week so we can stop those people who winge about inconsistency"