Channel 9 showing game at 8.30pm on Friday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Dont know if anyone out there heard Brian Waldron on SEN this morning but he mentioned that Ch 9 may be putting Friday night's game on live. Did anyone else hear this and has anybody heard if there is any truth to this??
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Since they have rubbed out our 2 most efective players I am not surprised.

(Anyone know our win rtion for live games????)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

chrismeister wrote: Dont know if anyone out there heard Brian Waldron on SEN this morning but he mentioned that Ch 9 may be putting Friday night's game on live. Did anyone else hear this and has anybody heard if there is any truth to this??
Key words in his statement...Brian knows that you can never take Swine at its word just look at the other finals games so far.

Len Downes was contacted yesterday by 3AW after a few people rang in to complain and he said that GTV had NO AGREEMENT with League in place and would continue to do it programming to what it believe was the best for it's audience and advertising revenue. He also indicated that GTV was 'thinking of it's programming future'.

Not sure about anyone else but I took it that still he doesn't think League has any future on GTV and that it was trying to keep others happy to secure those rights down the track.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Our sponsors should be having stern words with Nine in Melbourne - after all, who wants to pay big money for coverage in just two states??  Even the NRL sponsors are being taken for a ride, they don't get coverage in Victoria either. 
Again I say,  NRL - GROW SOME NUTS!!!!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: Our sponsors should be having stern words with Nine in Melbourne - after all, who wants to pay big money for coverage in just two states??  Even the NRL sponsors are being taken for a ride, they don't get coverage in Victoria either. 
Again I say,  NRL - GROW SOME NUTS!!!!!!!
Actually Tigger, thats a very good point you make. Instead of us bashing our heads against a brick wall by contacting channel nein, perhaps we should be writing (nicely) to the NRL's sponsors to point out this fact? And/or to possibly point out that you will boycott their products or services in future, and will also suggest to family and friends they do the same until we see some sort of change? (BTW - not suggesting we do this to Storm sponsors, just NRL sponsors). I mean, if NRL sponsors were to pressure the NRL then maybe, just maybe that would force the NRL to "grow those nuts" that you speak of and do something about the lack of FTA coverage in this state & town...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That would make an awesome Mr T ad for Snickers! :lol:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well, I'll be honest, I really don't have much of an idea who sponsors the NRL because I never see the farkin games on tv!!!!!  :lol:

Hailstorm I agree, maybe we should make a concerted effort - like the supporters march - to garner support from all the Storm people we know, and others to get the word out - an email or letter writing campaign to the NRL sponsors.

I'll now go take a look at who they are  :lol: 
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

Channel 9 is SCUM SCUM Infestation rubbish as a friend of mine would likes to say.
Kaufus Kaufus Kaufus is on the bike. HEY KAUFUS GIVE US A WAVE ! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what is the channel 9 contact email?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bay 6 Yobbo
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote: That would make an awesome Mr T ad for Snickers! :lol:
Yeah i could just imagine Mr T throwing a Snickers at David Gallop & getting charged with contrary conduct & bringing the game into disrepute!
I've already resigned myself to going to Rising Sun Sth Melb to watch Imparja & watch the ads to find out where I can buy a cheap bull in Mt Isa!
The only thing faster than Billy Slater is the speed at which opposition fans leave Olympic Park after they lose!
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Gee I wonder who says ( Infestation Scum Rubbish ) . Likes to finish people off if they get in our way!
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

According to Foxtel's Guide, its gonna on delay at 8:30, they should just show it live..
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Unfortunately Foxtel can't show any Nine game until after 11pm unless Nine give their permission.  But 8.30pm is better than nothing.
About the only people not happy about the game being shown any earlier than midnight are my hubby & daughter, they're off to see Testament Friday nite and we're looking forward to getting home just in time to see the game.......sux to be them right now  :lol:
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah I shoulda said that thats on Channel 9. They seriously should just show it Live, i'm still probably gonna go watch it live somewhere else.