Where are you watching tonights game?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
abronco
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Christabella wrote: Suncorp Stadium  :P
well la dee da  ;D
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Home on Fox Sports. I'd go to Docklands, but the wife is OS and I'm home with the kids. Just about to open a Coonawarra shiraz and hopefully be primed for kick-off at 10pm.
2012 premiers. Legit.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good atmosphere at the Waterfront tonight.  Glad I went!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: Good atmosphere at the Waterfront tonight.  Glad I went!
Was excellent wasn't it !! Plus the food & drink was cheaper than OP,(and better quality  ;D ) I can live with the $15 parking fee because it was very close & is monitored.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: I've heard that the Swan Hotel in Richmond will also be showing the game live. This could be wrong as I haven't contacted them myself to confirm this.

I'm off to the Rising Sun Hotel in South Melbourne, might be a tight squeeze though, they have room for just under 100 according to League Of Our Own.
Meh, what was I worried about, at least 100 there tonight and there was still room, fantastic atmosphere too.

Although it took me until about 15 minutes after full time to find out the final score, we were all too busy celebrating the win!!!
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

Thank you to Melbourne Storm for the live broadcast to Waterfront City. Under 20's present, the atmosphere was great...final minute and a half was nail-biting...final result  euphoria!!! Well done. Sausage sizzle and free soft drinks all game, plenty of food outlets if sausages weren't your 'cup of tea'. Parking $10 only 5min walk from venue..
Please same again Friday night?????
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Was the Storm thing kid friendly??
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote:
Surandy wrote: I've heard that the Swan Hotel in Richmond will also be showing the game live. This could be wrong as I haven't contacted them myself to confirm this.

I'm off to the Rising Sun Hotel in South Melbourne, might be a tight squeeze though, they have room for just under 100 according to League Of Our Own.
Meh, what was I worried about, at least 100 there tonight and there was still room, fantastic atmosphere too.

Although it took me until about 15 minutes after full time to find out the final score, we were all too busy celebrating the win!!!
The rising sun hotel in sth Melb was going off after the game, credit to who ever arranged this. I cant believe the number of people asking for the score as I walked back to southern cross station and then some kids at laverton train station.
HUge effort from the boys. Im still pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a bit put off from the number of bronco supporters, but justice was done, and maybe a few of the bronco players may feel a bit of justice in the next few weeks.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wore my Storm cap today and the amount of people saying 'Go Storm' or saying 'Gee it was a close game wasn't it' was terrific. The gospel is slowly starting to spread.
2012 premiers. Legit.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

tugga wrote: Wore my Storm cap today and the amount of people saying 'Go Storm' or saying 'Gee it was a close game wasn't it' was terrific. The gospel is slowly starting to spread.
I think many people under estimate the support the Storm have in Melb, ch Nein have for years what stupid @#@$$. I pretty much always wear a storm top out side of work and loads of people ask me about the game. Although riding on me pushie back from the local shops yesterday a guy in a car yelled out "go broncos" obviously stickn it to me, quite funny actually and we have the last laugh for now. 
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

tugga wrote: Wore my Storm cap today and the amount of people saying 'Go Storm' or saying 'Gee it was a close game wasn't it' was terrific. The gospel is slowly starting to spread.
The exact same thing happened in October 1999 to me.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

pauliedude wrote:
I think many people under estimate the support the Storm have in Melb, ch Nein have for years what stupid @#@$$. I pretty much always wear a storm top out side of work and loads of people ask me about the game. Although riding on me pushie back from the local shops yesterday a guy in a car yelled out "go broncos" obviously stickn it to me, quite funny actually and we have the last laugh for now. 
Can you imagine what would be possible if ch Nein actually pulled their fingers out  and did the game justice and promoted the NRL in Melbourne/Victoria? Its a brilliant television product, if only they actually showed it on the television...
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We are really starting to make inroads…
I received 2 phones calls a 1-text message from mates at the St Kilda V Hawks game on Saturday night asking about the storm score.

If only channel 9 promoted the game more……

Great article about Saturday night
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/mi ... 51701.html
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: Was the Storm thing kid friendly??
Tigger, it was, lots of kids under the 10 and plenty of room for them to throw the ball around. A few 'quiz comps' with give aways and as been stated free snag and drink.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

the other day some little kid asked me if i was turner....thats the 2nd time ive been mistaken for him...and the 4th person to say i look like him.... :?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]