Goodbye Danny

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

After what he did tonight he can go to England, He has managed to one second to undo all he has ever done here.
1. It was probably the lowest act I've seen in the NRL
2. It probably cost us the game.
3. And most importantly in a city where we are fighting hard to gain a foothold, this will result in headlines that will put us backwards a long way.

Up till now I danny I respected you but no longer. :evil: :evil:

For those who did not see the game I will let you know what he did latter when I have calmed down a bit !!!!!!!!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm still so frustrated by that game - and the circumstances leading up to the "incident". Whilst I think it was very reactionary of Danny - I feel a fair amount of the blame for the pent up emotions must go to Badger and his touchies.

In fact - if we disect the situation - the touchies recommended that the tackle on Danny should go on report for being high. Taking that into account, if Danny had actually feigned injury from the tackle and stayed down, it would have gone to the Video Ref who would have reported the same thing.

HOWEVER - both touchies and Badger were silent on the tackle, Danny appeared unhurt by the tackle but obviously pissed off about it. He retaliated. When justice is not seen to be done (and Badger refused to take control of the game), one man can take justice into his own hands. I completely understand Danny's frustrations - although I don't condone the result.

Now that Danny is on report, probably for something that will be ungraded, it is likely we're not going to see Danny playing in Australia again.

It will be interesting to see the ramifications. I've seen cleaner hits from Gordon Tallis get applauded by NRL bosses for being part of the game - so maybe he will get off?
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

nah, danny won't get off. He'll be marched form the game for the rest of the season. as for o'neill, he'll get a couple of weeks to recover.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Freeze wrote:After what he did tonight he can go to England, He has managed to one second to undo all he has ever done here.
1. It was probably the lowest act I've seen in the NRL
2. It probably cost us the game.
3. And most importantly in a city where we are fighting hard to gain a foothold, this will result in headlines that will put us backwards a long way.

Up till now I danny I respected you but no longer. :evil: :evil:

For those who did not see the game I will let you know what he did latter when I have calmed down a bit !!!!!!!!
well 1 out of three is not completely wrong. It probably cost us the game.

You got to remember that a Danny Biff helped us beat the Bulldogs on the way to winning the GF.

[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Buzz wrote:I'm still so frustrated by that game - ....
Now that Danny is on report, probably for something that will be ungraded, it is likely we're not going to see Danny playing in Australia again.

It will be interesting to see the ramifications. I've seen cleaner hits from Gordon Tallis get applauded by NRL bosses for being part of the game - so maybe he will get off?
I am frustrated also.

He won't be outed for to long but Bellamy may be so pissed that it may lead him to think twice about picking him.

I'll be interested also. ... he won't get off. my guess is 4-6 weeks (I tip 4)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mike biff is one thing but to knock a player unconscious from behind is entirely another and to my third point we have just had a great week with the big league poll etc and now this. Which do you think the melbourne media will focus on this week???
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i'd say danny will be getting somthing similar to what greg bird got
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I liked the thug in Danny and plenty of that helped us numerous times in the past but that hit tonight was low, absurd, unbelievable, cowardly, unnecessary, and most of all idiotic. I understand he's got quite a short fuse -I supported him even when he had the biff with roarty- but after tonight, he's out of the game.
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

D.U.M.B.

In one stupid act Danny definitely cost us the game.

The judiciary will throw the book at him & we will not see him play here again. Such a stupid & petulant way to end your career :evil:

Tallis does belt blokes but at least he doesn't blindside them.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

He deserved a farewell for Melbourne, at times his aggression won matches.

But after tonight, he deserves nothing. His act of pure cowardness was pathetic, it cost melbourne the game.

He should have saved himself some dignity by not hoping on the team bus after the game.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Buzz my thoughts exactly I only saw the last 20 min of the game but the high shots and other things the tigers were getting away with you could see somthing was going to blowup. You dont have the captain and the coaches going of for no reason Dean is on report for smashing chair, What the? As for Danny Yes very dum but when the ref, touches see it and do nothing well I just wonder what would have happen if the wistle was blown when Danny copped the high shot followed by the head slam and forearm to his face. If hes said he doesnt remember it very well I can understand it having copped a few in my day and now having my neck fussed. Yes danny was wrong but hes not the only one in the wrong in that game but he will be the one they foucs on.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

NRL.com wrote:Williams took exception to a high tackle from O'Neill - for which the Tigers forward was placed on report - before moving in and flooring O'Neill from behind.
Just the way the NRL website is wording this makes the sequence of events sound:

1. Danny get's high-tackled
2. O'Neill goes on report
3. Danny goes after O'Neill and king-hits him!

This is clearly not the way it occured, and the very fact that he got sent off for "tacking matters into his own hands" was a result of the ineptitude of one referee and his two blind-dogs.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

it wasnt only a high shot ethier watching the replay...danny also gets his head slammed on the ground.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yer, i think the fact he got he's head ridden into the ground is what pissed him off
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

O'Neill only got on report way waaaaaay after he got knocked into oblivion. Frickin ref, I thought he had a good game up until he gave penalized us for pushing whazzisname back into the goalline. the tackle was no way complete.

Anyway, he's shown that he needs more time learning the game and controlling it. If he'd penalized O'Neill for the high shot and head slam we wouldn't have this conversation this last couple of days.