Accomadtion for Grand Final in Sydney

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
markyboy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi I would like to know where  the Storm players and supporters stay if they are in the grand final in sydney
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if ur looking for somewhere close to the stadium but isolated from every thning else then the hotel Ibis is very good but rooms are pretty small
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Marky, there are Storm supporters spead out all over Sydney come GF time  ;-)
Lots stay in the city but there's heaps of places we gather  :lol:

Our accommodation has been booked for a couple of months, but that's cos we're making it a regular holiday no matter who's in the GF  ;D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: if ur looking for somewhere close to the stadium but isolated from every thning else then the hotel Ibis is very good but rooms are pretty small
The Ibis is bloody expensive. Especially for what you get (something the size of a ship's cabin). The Novatel - which shares the same building - has better rooms but is more expensive. Also, for a Novatel, the service is average at best and the restaurant is woeful. The rates also increase significantly at "high demand" periods.

Our head office is in the Homebush precinct, 10 min walking distance from the Novatel/Ibis. I used to stay there, but our travel policy now states that we are not to book either due to excessive rates at peak times. I don't know exactly what the rates are, but I do know that my last hotel bill (in Brisbane last week) was over $200/night and the company didn't bat an eyelid - so expect Grand Final time rates to be of that order at least.

So be aware:
- great location - you could spit and hit the stadium from your balcony (if you had one)

- it will be expensive

- if you want to do other things in Sydney while you are there you still have all the travel problems.
- Taxi costs:
- Airport to Homebush approx $65
- Homebush to city approx $50

I'd try wotif.com
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

markyboy wrote: Hi I would like to know where  the Storm players and supporters stay if they are in the grand final in sydney
The players have to fly up for a Grand Final breakfast a few days before the game (Thursday?).  Last year they stayed at a hotel in Maroubra the night before that, and I think two nights after, and they trained somewhere in Souths territory.  They then packed up and left for a hotel in or near Parramatta to be closer to Ground Zero Stadium for the big night.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The boys stayed at Crown Plaza at Coogee and Parramatta as they always do, except for the Tigers game when they stayed at Rydges Campbelltown! I know where to find them! LOL! :D

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ok we stayed in kings x last year at a backpackes, good fun and they collect from airport, BUT no chance of a taxi after the game at night we had to walk 45 min plus back from train station. i recommend central station area, some goo dcheap hotels and its right on the way back, plus easy airport access the nexxt day. i have staye don business there and think its the best option. look at wotif.com, alwasy good deasl
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we have stayed in Parra the last two years.  Seems to be plenty of Storm fans in and around there on the weekend.  Plus it's close to the stadium for transport.
We've driven both years though, so that's prob part of why.  Thinking of flying up this year so might stay more in Sydney
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Klutz will be riding his motor bike up there. (weather permitting)

A Convoy is welcome. :D
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If things work out I might be able to jump on the Tiger and ride up with you  :D :D :D
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The GT 750 needs a run after this Wet/Cold stretch. :(
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Who'd be a biker in Victoria?  :o
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Me every day of the week every day of the year. Beats tin cans & public transport ;D 8)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freeze wrote: Me every day of the week every day of the year. Beats tin cans & public transport ;D 8)
Hence the name, "Freeze"? :D
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Freeze wrote: Me every day of the week every day of the year. Beats tin cans & public transport ;D 8)
I'd much rather be a biker in QLD  :lol:
Anyway, I have a company "tin can", so I can't complain too much.