Signings (rest of 08-09)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I want to put update our comings and goings list for the rest of this year and for next year. It would be appreciated if someone could help. If you know when a current player for the storm is off-contract just pm me or post it here and ill put it in the first post, i want to have a list of all our current guys and when they come off contract etc.

Signings for 09: Ryan HINCHCLIFFE (Raiders- Hooker end of 2010),  James Maloney (Wentworthville), Arana Taumata(5/8 Bulldogs- 1yr), Mathew cross (Titans-1 year), William Isa (Panthers), Andre Itula (Souths-centre), Slade Griffin (U/20's), Blaise Lomax, Lazarus Mulu (Both signed for 2 yr contracts- U?20's), Wairangi Koopu (Warriors), Jordan McLean (U/20's), Chase Stanley (dragons), Atelea Vea (sharks)

Re-signings (made in 08): Jeff Lima (end of 2011), Dallas Johnson (End of 2011), Craig Bellamy (Coach- 2013), Adam Blair (2011), Aiden Tolman (2010), Sika Manu (1 year), Cooper Cronk (end of 2013), Anthony Quinn (end of 2012), Sinbad Kali (2009), Greg Inglis (Extended to 2012),  Clifford Manua (1 Yr), Cam Smith (End of 2012)

Losses: Sam Tagataese (titans), Jeremy Smith (Dragons), Isreal folau (Broncos), Michael Crocker (Hull FC), Matt Geyer (retiring at end of 08), Antonio Kaufusi (NTH QLD cowboys), Liam Foran (Warriors), Russel Aitken (French Rugby league), Joseph Tomane (Titans-2010), Will Chambers (Reds)

rumored signings & losses :

Off Contract:, Ryan Hoffman(09),
Last edited by Buzz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

didnt tolman just sign a contract till 2011 or something?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: didnt tolman just sign a contract till 2011 or something?
correct, re-signed till 2010. just found the article.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hasn't Cam also added to his contract with us?  Or am I only hopefully dreaming??  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

havent been able to find any articles on cam tigger.

only ones i found were the above...

grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Who is Matt King???  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am back again.
Mrs Cooper Cronk
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: I want to put update our comings and goings list for the rest of this year and for next year. It would be appreciated if someone could help. If you know when a current player for the storm is off-contract just pm me or post it here and ill put it in the first post, i want to have a list of all our current guys and when they come off contract etc.

Signings for 09: Ryan HINCHCLIFFE (Raiders- Hooker end of 2010), 

Re-signings (made in 08): Jeff Lima (end of 2011), Dallas Johnson (End of 2011), Craig Bellamy (Coach- 2013), Adam Blair (2011), Aiden Tolman (2010), Sika Manu (2 years)

Losses: Sam Tagataese (titans), Jeremy Smith (Dragons), Isreal folau (Broncos), Michael Crocker (Hull FC), Matt Geyer (retiring at end of 08)

rumored signings & losses : Martin Gleeson (wolves), Antonio Kaufusi (Told "he is free to leave if his manager can find a better deal"), Matt king ( Reports say he might be looking to come back to Oz/Storm), Sika Manu (apparently will announce re-signed this week)

Off Contract:Cam Smith (09), Ryan Hoffman(09), Cooper Cronk(09),  Anthony Quinn(09)

I really hope all these boys resign in the near future!!! Be a pity and huge loss to lose any of them!! Dont really want to lose Antonio either if we can help it!!!!
[img]http://i20.tinypic.com/2wmf60p.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

weve re-signed 4 front rowers and weve still got 2 or 3 that are still on contract, sad to say i think we will lose the fus, its the curse of being in this team, uve got to be great week-in-week-out or u wont stay around long.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My Proposed 2009 Line Up:

1. Slater
2. Turner
3. Chambers (or Sam Joe if Chambers is still recovering)
4. Tomane
5. Quinn

6. Inglis
7. Cronk

8. Lima
9. Smith (c)
10. White

11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Blair
15. Tolman
16. Procter or Manua
17. Hinchcliffe

A very good mix of youth and experience, to look forward to in 2009
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Looks like Liam Foran is intending to move on as well.

JUNIOR Kiwis halfback Liam Foran has called on the Warriors to end their search for a playmaker by signing him.

The 20-year-old comes off contract with the Storm at the end of this season and has been frustrated at playing second fiddle to star halfback Cooper Cronk.

Foran is convinced he's the man to replace the much-maligned Grant Rovelli and lead the Warriors to the promised land.

Foran has been forced to ply his trade in the under-20s side this year but last night he declared to Sunday News he was "ready" to take charge of a first-grade side.

And that side could be the Warriors with revelations the club has been in talks with his agent Gavin Orr about enticing him to Auckland.

"I'm off contract at the end of this season with the Storm," Foran told Sunday News.

"I'm really looking for an opportunity to start to run my own team as a halfback.

"I've had two years behind Cooper Cronk and I've learnt what it takes to run a team and how to organise a backline and things like that."

Foran, who left Auckland with his family and moved to Sydney when he was 11, says he would love to call the New Zealand city home again.

"At this point I am talking to a few clubs and the Warriors are one of those clubs," he said.

"I'm trying to play good footy and I'm definitely on the lookout for an opportunity.

"I'm a Kiwi and I still have a lot of family in New Zealand.

"I could certainly see myself playing for the Warriors.

"It's a good club and there's some very good players there in Steve Price and Brent Tate and those sort of blokes."

Foran's brother Kieran, who plays for the Sea Eagles' under-20 side, is another name to be linked with the Warriors.

But the 17-year-old standoff is contracted to the Sydney club until 2010 and says he has no plans to leave Australia any time soon.

But he's convinced his brother would thrive at the Auckland-based club.

"It would definitely be a good move for Liam to come to Auckland. The Warriors would be a good club for him," he said.

"I think the best thing for Liam was to spend two years with Melbourne. It would have matured him heaps as a player.

"He's definitely ready to step straight into the shoes of a starting halfback next year."
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: I want to put update our comings and goings list for the rest of this year and for next year. It would be appreciated if someone could help. If you know when a current player for the storm is off-contract just pm me or post it here and ill put it in the first post, i want to have a list of all our current guys and when they come off contract etc.

Signings for 09: Ryan HINCHCLIFFE (Raiders- Hooker end of 2010), 

Re-signings (made in 08): Jeff Lima (end of 2011), Dallas Johnson (End of 2011), Craig Bellamy (Coach- 2013), Adam Blair (2011), Aiden Tolman (2010), Sika Manu (2 years)

Losses: Sam Tagataese (titans), Jeremy Smith (Dragons), Isreal folau (Broncos), Michael Crocker (Hull FC), Matt Geyer (retiring at end of 08)

rumored signings & losses : Martin Gleeson (wolves), Antonio Kaufusi (Told "he is free to leave if his manager can find a better deal"), Matt king ( Reports say he might be looking to come back to Oz/Storm), Sika Manu (apparently will announce re-signed this week)

Off Contract:Cam Smith (09), Ryan Hoffman(09), Cooper Cronk(09),  Anthony Quinn(09)
I've always found this site to have pretty good info on player signings  http://people.aapt.net.au/darrylbradford/
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Foran would be a good signing for the Worriers.
Poor Liam, is behind one of the best HB in the world and Cooper is still very young, so he will hopefully be around for us for a very a long time.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

doesnt he want to go back to sydney with his brother?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: doesnt he want to go back to sydney with his brother?
Not reading  ???
"I'm a Kiwi and I still have a lot of family in New Zealand.

"I could certainly see myself playing for the Warriors.

"It's a good club and there's some very good players there in Steve Price and Brent Tate and those sort of blokes."

Foran's brother Kieran, who plays for the Sea Eagles' under-20 side, is another name to be linked with the Warriors.

But the 17-year-old standoff is contracted to the Sydney club until 2010 and says he has no plans to leave Australia any time soon.

But he's convinced his brother would thrive at the Auckland-based club.

"It would definitely be a good move for Liam to come to Auckland. The Warriors would be a good club for him," he said.
Anway...........Why would any sensible,(Bellamy trained), Kiwi want to go play with the scum  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we should ask shortland