Kaufusi given permission to look around

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

For thsoe of you that didn't see the article yesterday despite having a year to run on his contract Kafuusi has been given permission to talk to other clubs

I think this is a absolute disgrace. He has recovering from a serious knee injury lets not expect miracles. Adam Blair didn't have a good year last year coming off injuries but we gave him time. Why aren't we doing the same for Kaufus?????

Kaufusi should not have been dropped on the weekend, he has been playing well. I know Craig is a great coach but what was he thinking dropping Kaufus???? Not only is Kaufusi a great player but he is a fantastic bloke and always have time for the fans.

Even without Kaufusi I will still support the club but I think this is a absolute disgrace and we should be extending his contract and moving heaven and earth to keep him.

Although I'll always be a Storm fan i will cheer for Kaufusi no matter what jersey he is wearing. If he has to leave I would like to see him go to the Queensland Reds as I think he could be very good for the wallabies. Lets just hope he does go to the Broncos or Bulldogs
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shame to see him go, but really, i'd say he lived up to his potential for one year.  Unforunate that it ended with a knee injury, but he just seems to not run the ball up with any power. 
Having said that, his defence has been quite solid this year.  I'd say it's a case of run out of chances, particularly for the money he would be on I'd suspect
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Can't agree with you about Kaufusi not being a strong ball runner. With all due respect to Adam Blair would much rather hang on to Kaufusi then Blair.

Also remember kaufusi is recovering from a knee injury
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah, but i'm talking about before the injury too.  He showed glimpses of it, but IMO was too incosistent with hitting it up hard.  Think you'll also find that is the thing that Kearnsy and Howie kept saying about him all along.  He had the size and ability to be anything, but didn't quite seem to get there. 
I think Blair is more consistent now than Kafusi, which is a shame as Kafusi literally could have and probably should have been anything.  IMO, he just slows down at the line instead of gaining a yard and that is the difference between a great front rower and a good one

mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Out of characetr for Storm to treat  aplayer this way.They were happy to get him to sign  a 3  year deal.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

AK showed plenty of promise but hasnt really lifted to the next level. For years now we have been saying "he has plenty of promise...just wait till he gets going", ive been waiting forever!!! He did put in a solid year or so...but apart from that he has really disappointed me. Runs the ball hard but not often enough. How long can people use the knee surgery excuse for? if he wasnt 100 he wouldnt be out there and has had plenty of game time this year to get back at match fitness or close to.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i really feel for him, after the loss to  broncos in the gf he was shatterd and then to miss a gf last year from injury hopefully we give him a good send off if he goes
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I can't believe you guys I would much rather Keep Kaufus then Balir or Lima. Not having a crack at Blair or Lima but Kaufus is better then both of them. I spoke to someone who has previously been heavly involved in Queensland rugby union and he really qwants Kaufusi at the Queensland Reds next season. Its a big thing for a prop to recover from a knee injury remember and yes he's been back this year but give him time. I mean other people rate him because he was talked about as a outside chance for origin
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If Kaufusi was a car he would be a Bentley unfortunately though the engine would have been replaced with Mini Cooper engine (and not one of those nice new German made Minis).

I agree with those who think he's never lived up to his promise (even though he played for Australia and the Maroons).

That State of Origin match was the only time in his life he's ever broken a tackle, his body was so surprised his knee packed up. His middle name is apparently surrender ;-)

Seriously though, he doesn't take the ball to the line as hard as any of the other props. For his size (and alleged strength) for mine he just doesn't perform. This season with the reduction in interchanges and with possible further reductions in the future will see him becoming even less able to get into the team.

Trust Bellyache and his coaching staff. They've got a pretty good record with holding onto the best players and releasing players that are overvalued.

I'd love for Kaufusi to prove me wrong, but I keep waiting and waiting. I presume the coaching staff are the same, they've just decided that the time has come where it may be best for him to look elsewhere.

Let's hope he has a great match on Sunday (and every other week) and proves me and the others wrong.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote: I can't believe you guys I would much rather Keep Kaufus then Balir or Lima. Not having a crack at Blair or Lima but Kaufus is better then both of them. I spoke to someone who has previously been heavly involved in Queensland rugby union and he really qwants Kaufusi at the Queensland Reds next season. Its a big thing for a prop to recover from a knee injury remember and yes he's been back this year but give him time. I mean other people rate him because he was talked about as a outside chance for origin
...better then lima???? you gotta be kidding.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

is this story actually fact or 'media sourced' given i havent seen anything on the storm or NRl sites?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

storm_rhinos wrote: is this story actually fact or 'media sourced' given i havent seen anything on the storm or NRl sites?
I'd say it's fact as Mikey rang SEN last night and raised this on air. It was not denie and salary cap pressures was raised as the reason for it. If he can find a better deal elsewhere then Storm will release him from the remainder of his contract.

I am a Kaufusi supporter but if Bellamy & co have been unable to unlock his potential then why keep him?

Oh, and AK better than Lima? What at?  ???
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, again, it comes back to potential.  I think Fus has the potential to be better than Lima... but he hasn't reached his potential.  I'd love the bloke to stay, as he's a solid player no doubt, and i'm surprised we're looking to let him go with the recent losses of Crocker and Smith from the forwards, but there has to be a reason for it. 

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This freeing up of cash  ??? & departing players is spawning a few rumours like this
Warrington Wolves are set to release 22 time Great Britain Centre Martin Gleeson to Melbourne for the 2009 season after asking for a release if he can find an NRL club who want him.

Warrington have allowed him to speak to NRL clubs and are set to pay a $1million transfer fee to Manly for Jamie Lyon as a replacement if the deal between Melbourne and Gleeson goes through.
source

And although the bloke was born in Wigan  ;D He's erm  ??? a Maroon
Gleeson spent most of his junior career in Brisbane, Australia, emigrating with his family at the age of 10.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

belly ache & co must have been reading my posts  :)
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]