If the Storm made the G.F

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bishop Park
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How would that improve rugby league in Victoria?

I know for sure the TV ratings on a Sunday night would be huge, but could rugby league move forward with the publicity such an acheivement would bring.

Would it be a bigger boost to the club and code than in in 99?

I'd love to see a Storm v Dragons re-match for this year's G.F. People couldn't ignore the Stormers then.
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm still hoping for a Broncos v Storm GF.

Did the Storm have a big street parade in 99?
*Champagne football*
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm just hoping someone else knocks the Bulldogs out of the finals before we have to play them... :(
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

No street parade as i recall but there was a huge party down at Gosch's paddock (training ground next to OP) right after the game and went on through the night as the players got back from sydney. On the monday or wednesday, there was a public reception at the town hall for both the Storm as well as the Kangaroos who won the AFL finals.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

Not if but when storm makes the GF.
Matt King rules!!!!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

"No street parade as i recall but there was a huge party down at Gosch's paddock (training ground next to OP) right after the game and went on through the night as the players got back from sydney. On the monday or wednesday, there was a public reception at the town hall for both the Storm as well as the Kangaroos who won the AFL finals."

was that where ross did that funny dance??that as a crack up..

storm will only make it to the final if they can beat bulldogs,roosters,broncos..and if we cant ..we wi ll only be there to make up the numbers.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Insomniac wrote:I'm just hoping someone else knocks the Bulldogs out of the finals before we have to play them... :(
And the roosters as well while they are at it.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

There was a very large street parade on the Tuesday before the Grand Final down here in Melbourne. Basically Kennett took over the AFL Street parade and said that Melbourne Storm would be involved as well.

The media reported that there was a ratio of 2 to 1 people supporting Storm. (The AFL teams were North Melbourne and Carlton).

There was no street Parade after the Grand Final, most players where still in a state at the ball. The Ross dance was taking off Blacklock who in the first half acted like a dill when they cscored a try.

But getting back to the first post. I don't think the biggest problem is us getting in the grand final, it is if Channel Nine will show it in Victoria or Melbourne live or half hour delay. After all we are talking about Channel Nine here
Last edited by Hells Bells on Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

IIRC we always get the grand final shown live.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And if we get in the GF and win, what better present can the players give the coach.
billies later
Squall
Squall

Sorry Hells Bells, but you're facts are slightly incorrect. The parade that the storm were involved in was actually on the Tuesday AFTER the Grand Final, and were a joined by the Kangaroos. This was followed by a state reception, jointly hosted by Kennett and Bracks, as it was not actually, at the time, decided as to who had won the election (which was held on Preliminary Final day).