769,000 Storm supporters.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just came across this information about a Roy Morgan Survey. Apparently Storm now how 769,000 supporters, up on last years results.

http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2008/762/

I've eaten KFC (but not in a restaurant) and read a Bunnings catalogue in the past week lol
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

why cant we get 14k+ a game then
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Same reason why Sydney Swans have over 1.2million "fans" but only average 33,000 at games. This is extrapolated data based on who a person affiliates with. Doesn't require them ever to have visited a match, or be a member.

Which team do you associate with? Oh... uhm.... I'm from Melbourne.... so... uhm..... Storm!

Evidence of this is that Melbourne Storm fans are:

# 176% more likely to have attended an AFL match;
# 82% more likely to have watched an AFL match on TV;

Choice bits from other teams:
New Zealand Warriors Fans are 22% more likely to agree “None of this stuff about the information super-highway makes and sense to me” eh bro.
Parramatta Eels fans are 17% more likely to buy deodorant on a weekly basis! Who doesn't Wash? Parra doesn't Wash!
Penrith Panthers fans are 46% more likely to agree “My job often takes me outside of mobile phone range - well considering where Penrith is - not a huge surprise!
Cronulla Sharks fans are 23% less likely to be concerned about their cholesterol - must be all that fried flake they don't want to know about!
Wests Tigers fans are 58% more likely to drive a Lexus - huh? Oh - drive.. not own!
Melbourne Storm fans are 22% more likely to be very interested in watching cartoons on Pay TV - have you seen Drawn Together? Piss funny!
VIC
Squall
Squall

Why can't we get 14k+ to a match?

1. Despite claims being made that the ground can hold 18k, I reckon the ground struggles to cater for 15k, so automatically that's probably why we can't get to the 14k.
2. Why pay $20-$21 for a pathetic view where you going to find yourself standing up behind the goal posts?
3. Olympic Park is shit - hence, the reason for the new ground.
3. Those surveys are meaningless........not worth doing to be honest
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: why cant we get 14k+ a game then
Cos we've all moved to QLD  :P
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bulldogs supporters are:

* 62% more likely to use Vodafone as their mobile phone service provider; PASS
    * 52% more likely to have visited Hungry Jacks 5 times or more in the last 4 weeks; PASS
    * 36% more likely to employ OPTUSnet as their Internet Service Provider;TICK
    * 35% more likely to intend or upgrade their Mobile Phone within the next 2 years; - Who isn't going to upgrade within 2 years?
    * 26% more likely to agree “I bought music to download using the Internet in the last 3 months”PASS
    * 23% more likely to have visited a Red Rooster outlet in the past 4 weeks; PASS WTF do my teams (inc. the Roos) have with this form of fast food?
    * 13% more likely to agree “I’m worried about Interest Rates at the moment”; PASS
    * 17% less likely to list ANZ as their main Financial Institution;
    * 23% less likely to have travelled by air within Australia during the past 12 months;PASS
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Melbourne Storm supporters are:

* 176% more likely to have attended an AFL match; TICK - the week before last
    * 82% more likely to have watched an AFL match on TV; TICK - I'll be watching tonight
    * 40% more likely to buy a coffee maker in the next 12 months; PASS
    * 36% more likely to have eaten at a KFC  restaurant in the last four weeks; TICK
    * 22% more likely to be very interested in watching cartoons on Pay TV; DOUBLE TICK Apart from fox sports the only other thing I watch is the Simpsons :lol:
    * 20% less likely to agree “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”; TICK
    * 19% more likely to have read or looked into a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; TICK My work place sells the same items as Bunnings
    * 19% more likely to have read or bought items listed in a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks;
    * 15% less likely to choose an ecotourism experience for their next holiday;

Kind of scary that  ....
Last edited by Christabella on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote: Melbourne Storm supporters are:

* 176% more likely to have attended an AFL match; TICK - the week before last
    * 82% more likely to have watched an AFL match on TV; TICK - I'll be watching tonight
    * 40% more likely to buy a coffee maker in the next 12 months; PASS
    * 36% more likely to have eaten at a KFC  restaurant in the last four weeks; TICK
    * 22% more likely to be very interested in watching cartoons on Pay TV; DOUBLE TICK Apart from fox sports the only other thing I watch is the Simpsons :lol:
    * 20% less likely to agree “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”; TICK
    * 19% more likely to have read or looked into a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; TICK My work place sells the same items as Bunnings
    * 19% more likely to have read or bought items listed in a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks;
    * 15% less likely to choose an ecotourism experience for their next holiday;

Kind of scary that  ....
Come to the dark side Christa.

You know you want to....
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

holy crap...i didnt get any ticks!!!!!1
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

u arent a true supporter SC go watch cartoons, eat kfc and buy a coffe maker then u can all urself a true storm fan

joking
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

* 176% more likely to have attended an AFL match; Unsure if I should agree or disagree, it was VFL when I last went to a game
    * 82% more likely to have watched an AFL match on TV; As above
    * 40% more likely to buy a coffee maker in the next 12 months; Pass
    * 36% more likely to have eaten at a KFC  restaurant in the last four weeks;  Nope
    * 22% more likely to be very interested in watching cartoons on Pay TV; Agree, but only because that's all my wife ever watches, I usually watch in the study but I'd rather watch My Hero on UKTV  ;D Love that show
    * 20% less likely to agree “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”; What demanding job?
    * 19% more likely to have read or looked into a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; What's a catalogue?
    * 19% more likely to have read or bought items listed in a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; As above
    * 15% less likely to choose an ecotourism experience for their next holiday; Ecotourism? Is that the term for a cheap holiday?

WTF?!? Who comes up with these stupid surveys? Maybe they should get a real job!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: u arent a true supporter SC go watch cartoons, eat kfc and buy a coffe maker then u can all urself a true storm fan

joking

alright...but i aint watching AFL!!!!!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
WTF?!? Who comes up with these stupid surveys? Maybe they should get a real job!
Here here, and the key words are MORE THAN LIKELY
Christ anything is 'MORE THAN LIKELY' if you live in certain areas, just go to the ABS site and they will come up with any stats based on your specific questions.

One could say that Melbourne Storm supporters are 'MORE THAN LIKELY" to graffiti due to them living in Melbourne the graffiti capital of Australia. It's a false statement, but one that could be made based on the stats.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

* 176% more likely to have attended an AFL match; Yes (but not for over 10 years)
    * 82% more likely to have watched an AFL match on TV; Yes (but as above)
    * 40% more likely to buy a coffee maker in the next 12 months; Got a new one about 4 months ago.  :oops:
    * 36% more likely to have eaten at a KFC  restaurant in the last four weeks;  Yes
    * 22% more likely to be very interested in watching cartoons on Pay TV; Used to love "I am Weasel" and "Ren and Stimpy" - this probably tells you how long it was since I had cable
    * 20% less likely to agree “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”; Demanding? Nah, it's challenging  :D
    * 19% more likely to have read or looked into a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; Yes, when I was in the place
    * 19% more likely to have read or bought items listed in a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; Sad but true
    * 15% less likely to choose an ecotourism experience for their next holiday; Next Holiday? Driving the Territory.

F*ck! I'm a stereotype! :o

(Seriously though, I lied about the KFC  :lol:)
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

* 176% more likely to have attended an AFL match - Yep,was there last Saturday
    * 82% more likely to have watched an AFL match on TV; - Yep,will be in 2 mins!
    * 40% more likely to buy a coffee maker in the next 12 months; -Yep-am for work!
    * 36% more likely to have eaten at a KFC  restaurant in the last four weeks; -Yep!!!
    * 22% more likely to be very interested in watching cartoons on Pay TV; -Yep!!!
    * 20% less likely to agree “I would have difficulty coping with a demanding job or career”; -Yep!
    * 19% more likely to have read or looked into a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; -Yep again
    * 19% more likely to have read or bought items listed in a Bunnings catalogue in the past 4 weeks; Again...yep
    * 15% less likely to choose an ecotourism experience for their next holiday; Yep-dont even known what ecotourism is!

So there we have it,I'm a true fan lol
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...