The after party

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Is it just me or is the "after party" starting to feel like a closed shop AFL affair ?
Player don't show for a while,then get brought in through the back door - get shepherded to the stage by 'club officials' - then get  shepherded out again ?

What happened to the interaction between the players,their young fans,(who idolise their heroes) & their older fans,(who want to say a personal THANK YOU ! win or lose) ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yep i noticed that too, havnt gone since round the sharks game where we waited almost 2 hours and still they were no shows
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last night was the first time I've stayed for so long, but it really is nothing like it used to be.  Needs more Robbo and Kearnsy, and the players don't mingle at all like they used to either.  It's old players like Ben Roarty that are out amongst it.  I'm happy to go over for a beer after the game, but I don't care anymore about staying...
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Only time I saw the players last night was on my way back into the social club after moving the car. The players (group of about 7 or 8) were on the way back into the social club after a little smoko out the back.

Gobsmacking how many elite footballers actually smoke!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronky's too busy pwning babes at Area61...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote:Gobsmacking how many elite footballers actually smoke!
Just out of interest, who are our smokers?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:
jake webster was one
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nacho I know you are only 16, but are you into the wacky tobacco????? Jake Webster has been gone for 2 seasons!!!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He did write was.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote:
i was wondering that aswell. ill be very surprised if its Slater, Cronk, Cam or Dj.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just a thought, and open to abuse (which I know will come)

In the past our players haven't had decent equipment to 'warm down' correctly and in the past few years they have.
Could it be that instead of heading straight to the social club like they use too that the players are using the ice baths etc more and longer than in the past?

It's only a thought as speaking to some very close to players they have commented on how long it takes them to come across after the game.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Just a thought, and open to abuse (which I know will come)

In the past our players haven't had decent equipment to 'warm down' correctly and in the past few years they have.
Could it be that instead of heading straight to the social club like they use too that the players are using the ice baths etc more and longer than in the past?

It's only a thought as speaking to some very close to players they have commented on how long it takes them to come across after the game.

I know they use the Lexus Centre after games at O.P
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Fair comment & I can understand the players needing proper warm down & recovery sessions,but when they do come over more oftern than not they are shadowed & shepherded by minders  :(
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Here's something I wondered about as well, I have noticed this year (and most of last year) that the corporates are not at the social club any more either.  I do know they have as part of the package extra time in the corporate areas after the games - could it be (as well as the recovery time) that the team needs to visit those corporates and by that time it's too late to visit the social club....??

Just a thought....
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
leaguekid
Squall
Squall

I agree Tigger, have not seen any Corporates in the Social Club after the game my boss being one, is in the Kearns Lounge straight after leaving his corporate box.  I bought this up with Wally on SEN a few weeks ago - more or less I was told that recovery and media and winning games  are important in other words going back to the social club to see members young and old is not important.

For those who went over last week, this is what happened.

Players ushered in through the back door, up on stage for a few minutes and then ushered out with a mad crush - players wifes and kids were caught up in this.  One being Cam's girlfriend and the baby.  Not good.

We have spoken to quite a few members who have said they will not be paying $52 next year for a social club pass.

Do others think sending emails to the club to let them know what we think is worthwhile.

We are also thinking the Comedy Day may not happen as the playing staff may not want to attend